I'm an award-winning freelance business writer with 33 years of experience. I cover, and continue to cover, a wide range of topics, including technology, electronic payments, retail, meetings and conventions, and the business of radiology, to name a few. The variety of collateral materials I create is equally varied. In addition to articles, it encompasses white papers, case studies, advertorials, blog posts, solutions briefs, and thought-leadership reports. I am extremely adept at research, both online and through interviews with sources. I know how to make my sources comfortable enough to give me the information I need to get the job done, and my professional demeanor makes me a good fit for speaking and working with even the highest-level executives. I have done work for and with several Fortune 500 companies, including Microsoft. I recently ghost-wrote a book for an executive coach. My resume is below.
JULIE RITZER ROSS
SUMMARY PROFILE: Business journalist, editor and copywriter
• Creative, analytical and persistent journalist, editor and copywriter with extensive experience in covering a wide variety of industries and technologies
• Sharp editorial eye, with ability to grasp complex technology topics quickly
• Top-tier communicator, exceptionally strong in discerning and conveying messages and information desired by clients and editors, in prescribed style; as well as in rapidly establishing rapport with sources to produce best results
• Adept listener, with ability to accept constructive criticism in a professional manner and execute revisions as requested
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, with proven capacity to perform under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong work ethic, willing to do whatever is needed, whenever it is needed to complete tasks and projects
• Experienced in use of various word processing programs; familiar with content management systems
Freelance Journalist and Copywriter
• Research and write feature stories for print and online B2B publications
• Research and copywrite wide variety of marketing collateral, including white papers, thought-leadership documents, advertorials, case studies, press releases, blogs and pitch letters
Corporate clients (independently and through magazine clients) include/have included PricewaterhouseCoopers, Microsoft, Epson, RamSoft USA, EVO Merchant Services, VeriFone, Unova, IntuAction Coaching and W.D. Parness Associates. Business magazine and Web site clients include/have included: VERTICAL SYSTEMS RESELLER (formerly RETAIL SYSTEMS RESELLER), RIS (Retail Information Systems) NEWS, INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS, INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS FOR RETAILERS, MICROSOFT EXECUTIVE CIRCLE, Electronic Transactions Association (TRANSACTION TRENDS), National Retail Federation (STORES), NATION’S RESTAURANT NEWS, HOSPITALITY TECHNOLOGY, MOBILE ENTERPRISE, GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY, COUNTRY BUSINESS, SELLING CHRISTMAS, SELLING HALLOWEEN, EXPO, BILLIARD RETAILER, SOUVENIRS GIFTS & NOVELTIES, TOURIST ATTRACTIONS & PARKS , Professional Convention Management Association (CONVENE), Conference Direct (MEETING MENTOR), RADIOLOGY BUSINESS JOURNAL, HEALTH CXO, IMAGING BIZ, , GREETINGS etc., SOUTHWEST AIRLINES MEETINGS UPDATE, SMERF MEETINGS JOURNAL, and many more.
October 1994-February 1995
PricewaterhouseCoopers, New York City, N.Y.
Marketing Manager, Retail Consulting Practice
• Produced thought-leadership documents and studies to support corporate goals
• Produced weekly retail operations and development newsletter
• Supported partner communications efforts, including speech-writing
October 1992-October 1994
Edgell Communications, Randolph, N.J.
Founding Editor and Editor-in-Chief, RETAIL SYSTEMS RESELLER
• Planned and assigned all editorial for retail technology publication
• Wrote feature articles
• Interacted with technology vendors to plan and execute special editorial supplements
• Oversaw all production, working as a team with production department, third-party graphic design firm and printer
• Represented publication at industry events
Managing Editor, RIS NEWS
Senior Editor, CONSUMER GOODS TECHNOLOGY
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism with Departmental Honors, New York University
Elected to National Journalism Scholarship Society
Jesse Neal Award, Feature Writing, 1991 and 1992