Award-winning Graphic Designer with more than 19 years of experience in public-facing digital and publication design offers visually rich solutions for both web and print. Proven problem solver is a flexible team player with excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• Extensive experience working with clients from concept to completion through assessment of needs, creation of original designs, and production of final product.
• Proficient in creating and producing content for web and print using industry-specific software programs.
• Web-specific skills including user interface and front-end web design, banner ads, photo editing and optimization, contributing to social media campaigns, hand-coding websites in HTML and coordinating with developers to create public media websites that reach more than 1 million viewers.
• Use and implementation of open-source content management systems, template personalization.
• Print-specific skills including brand identity, special event promotions, logo design, brochures, flyers, programs, booklets, posters, newsletters, banners, invitations, photo editing, advertisements, typography, Illustration, exhibits/displays, artwork/image research, basic photography, creation of charts or graphics, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Experience with project management software, working with a team, and following a timeline.
ART DIRECTOR & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Sonnett Media Group, LLC, Silver Spring, MD
Developed high-quality design solutions for web and print, cross-media branding, needs-assessment, liaison to clients and vendors, project management, design and production from concept through completion.
DESKTOP PUBLISHING SPECIALIST
Prince George’s Community College, Largo, MD
Created educational marketing publications for Office of Public Relations, Publications and Marketing. Collaborated on special event promotions and exhibits. Worked with team to create simple, easy to use emerging website for prospective students and employees.
Souza Productions, Annapolis, MD
Created advertisements and marketing publications from concept through completion for a variety of clients. Introduced computer-based graphics, typography and digital imaging to transition from traditional ad layout.
Frostburg State University, Frostburg, MD; Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design, 1990-1993
Prince George’s Community College, Largo, MD; Classes in Liberal Arts, 1989-1990
EEI Communications, Alexandria, VA
Professional Certificates in Web Development, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, 1999
Adobe Creative Suite: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
Content Management Systems: Wordpress, Django
Email Newsletters: Constant Contact
Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn
Project Management: Basecamp
Microsoft Word & PowerPoint
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
• 2011 Webby Award Winner—“The Buddha” PBS.org companion website
• 2011 Webby People’s Choice Award Winner—“The Buddha” PBS.org companion website
• 2003 Yahooligans “Cool Site of the Week” (4/21/2003)—“Journey to Planet Earth” PBS.org companion website
• 2003 Yahooligans Cool Site of the Week (5/19/2003)—“Skin Stories” PBS.org companion website
• 2002 South By Southwest Interactive Website Competition Finalist—Earth on Edge, PBS.org companion website
• 1999 Medallion Gold Award Winner, National Council for Marketing and Public Relations—Brochure/Flyer I, Booklet, Print Ad Single, One-time Special Event
• 1998 Paragon Award Winner, National Council for Marketing and Public Relations—
40th Anniversary Marketing Campaign
• 1997, 1998 Medallion Silver Award Winner, National Council for Marketing and Public Relations—Brochure/Flyer I, Student Handbook, Poster II
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide (Website)
The Buddha (Website)
http://www.pbs.org/thebuddha. 2011 Webby Award and 2011 Webby People’s Voice Award Winner
Journey To Planet Earth (Website)
http://www.pbs.org/journeytoplanetearth. 2003 Yahooligans Cool Site of the Week (4/21/2003)