Keith L. Johnson, Sr.
Associate of Occupational Studies Degree in Commercial Art
Nossi College of Art, Goodlettsville, TN 5/22/2004
Skills & Expertise
Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Advertising, Layout, Logo Design, Adobe Acrobat, Magazine Layout Design, Magazine
Design, Photo Editing, Web Design, Art, Brochures, Banners, Flyers, Business, Adobe Creative Suite, Typography,
High-end Retouching, Catalogs, Image Editing, Book Covers, Mockups, Microsoft Office, Dreamweaver, Website Pro
for Wix Company (www.wix.com), Knowledgeable in creative writing, advertising, and typography, Airbrush, Certificate
for Adobe Creative Suite User for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
• Eager to learn and accept responsibility for leading and completing assigned tasks.
• Efficient work habits by paying attention to detail and effective time management.
• Consistent achievement of deadlines with quality results.
• Experience with project planning for several marketing projects.
• Excellent customer service with clientele and management.
2008 to 2013 • (Graphic Designer) R.H. Boyd Publishing Corporation, Nashville, TN
• Designed advertising layouts for a publishing company.
• Generated monthly advertisement email blasts.
• Developed creative and attractive covers for Baptist Training Union Literature, Sunday School Literature,
Vacation Bible School, booklets, Annual commentary, fiction/non fiction books.
• Created marketing material for The National Baptist Congress—an annual nationwide teaching/instructional
• Adhered to templates and file requirements while maintaining departmental standards for attention to detail,
organization, and accuracy.
2006 to 2008 • (Graphic Designer) Tennessee Tribune Newspaper, Nashville, TN
• Operated in Quark 7.0/CS, FrontPage, Adobe Photoshop and Scanner and OmniPro 15 to layout photos and
articles for different sections of the newspaper for weekly publication.
• Implemented a strong design sense in creating new products and/or packaging layouts from start to finish,
using existing or original artwork and typographical elements.
• Maintained technical proficiency with applicable software and hardware.
• Created mockups when needed.