email@example.com (480) 238-7247 Chandler, AZ
To obtain a position in advertising or marketing where I will make a powerful contribution using my strong graphic design skills and unique creative background.
Bachelor of Arts, Design Marketing, 05/08
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
GPA: 3.6; Graduated *** Laude; Dean’s List
· Proficient with Adobe CS5.5 programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Muse, Photoshop) and
Microsoft Office programs (Access, Blackboard, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Word)
· AutoCAD, CSS, Dreamweaver, Drupal, HTML, WordPress, Weebly
· Great sketching/drawing and photography skills
· Strong conceptual and problem solving skills
· Campaign Development/Website Design
Objective: Developed new campaign strategies and target market frames to refine each advertising campaign for both print and website design. I collaborated with members of the design team to conceptualize fresh and innovative marketing concepts.
Results: Reached new untapped audiences, expanded brand and campaign awareness. I developed a cutting-edge marketing strategy for new medical product which increased target market and revenue.
· Ad Creation (POS materials, outdoor, print, TV ads)
Objective: design advertisements for a wide range of products, taking into account target audience, advertising, medium, and clients marketing strategy.
Results: identified communication and design flaws and explored new marketing concepts. I revamped numerous marketing strategies which captured larger audience.
Illustrator/Graphic Designer, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 07/08- present
· Create illustrations and copy for coloring pages for K-8 student biology website
· Website design and development for marketing concepts and with the
image of the ASU brand and it’s concepts; all done utilizing Adobe CS5 programs
· Draw countless illustrations to solve design challenges using strong visualization and artistic skills
· Design all materials considering color theory, design concepts, layout principles and typography
· Compiles, organizes, and arranges materials for marketing and recruitment events
· Maintains and updates department websites within ASU, utilizing Drupal, WordPress, etc.
· Maintains digital library of all artwork, projects and designs created
Artist/Grad. Designer, studying Architecture & Graphic Design at ASU, Tempe, AZ 08/05 – 12/09
· Visualized & developed studio projects which presented creative solutions for design challenges
· Communicated various perspectives through (photography, AutoCAD, SketchUp, drawing/sketching)
· Collaborated with grad. students on brainstorming, motivated & established strong team environment
Art Instructor, eXzone Program, Shaw Elementary School, Phoenix, AZ 01/08 – 05/08
· Designed and delivered art lesson plans to students K-8
· Communicated with students and fellow teachers about scheduled activities
· Empowered diverse students to participate and learn