Zarinah A. Hameen
President and CEO, April 2013-Present, Capitol Hill Writing & Consultation, Washington, DC (www.proficientwriters.yolasite.com)
• Provides writing and editing consultation for the development of non-profit organizations and small businesses.
• Manages grants process, business letters, and all writing needs for clients.
• Offers support in web design, social media content and management, and maintenance of blog posts for professional sites.
• Offers monthly webinars and professional development trainings and workshops.
Development and Grants Coordinator, June 2010-April 2013, Martha’s Table, Inc., Washington, DC (www.marthastable.org)
• Manages donor relations and donor database.
• Manages workplace giving through United Way's annual Combined Federal Campaign.
• Manages grant process for proposals and reports.
• Staff writer and editor of quarterly newsletters and annual reports.
• Drafts content for social media sites.
• Researches new grant opportunities and strengthens relationships with current grantors on a local and national level.
Volunteer Coordinator, August 2009-June 2010, Martha’s Table, Inc.,
Washington DC (www.marthastable.org)
• Managed 10,000 volunteers and interns a year.
• Coordination of volunteers, orientation, and scheduling.
• Represented Martha's Table at public speaking events.
• Researched and identified networking opportunities for the organization.
• Worked with senior staff to strengthen ties with community leaders.
• Increased volunteer participation in education and food programs.
Marketing and Training Coordinator, January 16, 2008-January 2009, Goodwill Industries International, Rockville MD (www.goodwill.org)
• Provided online trainings (E-Learning/webinars).
• Created curriculum for national affiliates on volunteer management.
• Created web design for website.
• Writer and editor for national and local newsletters and magazines.
Summer Programs Coordinator, August 2006-August 2007, Amistad Academy High School, New Haven, CT (www.achievementfirst.org)
• Academic advisor for 10 female students.
• Coordinated getting 50% of academically qualified High School freshman in summer enrichment programs at colleges and universities.
• Provided community service opportunities to students to meet the required hours for high school graduation.
• Acted as a substitute teacher in the absence of faculty.
AmeriCorps VISTA, June 2005-July 2006, Connecticut Afterschool Network, New Haven, CT (www.ctafterschoolnetwork.org)
• Served as an advocate to ensure that every Connecticut child and youth has the opportunity to participate in high quality, affordable after school programs.
• Facilitated workshops on child development.
• Assisted with grant proposals.
• Organized events and fundraisers.
• City Year-Washington DC, Board Member
• The National Association of Black Journalist, Member
• United Way NCA-Emerging Leaders, Committee Member
• The Young Non-Profit Professionals Network, Member
• Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps Alumni
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Centra (E-learning tool)
• Sage 50 Fundraising
• Web Tools: WordPress, Google Documents, and HTML code
• Bachelor of Arts-Political Science/Journalism, The University of Delaware, www.udel.edu.