Lauri Howell Designs
September 2009 – Present (3 years 11 months)Orange County, California Area
Established interior design boutique catering to event and hospitality market as well as
high end residential clients. Demonstrated success transforming client ideas into
functional and visually pleasing design solutions. Experienced in leading design projects,
researching materials and implementing cost effective elements to keep projects under
• Chosen to create a Dwell on Design Loft at Met Lofts downtown Los Angeles - 2013
• Served as Committee Chair for Design & Desserts - 2013
• Worked with Architecture for Humanity to design a Dog Park for the Friends El Dorado Dog Park Association - 2012
Regional Event Marketing Manager (NPS Manager)
January 2010 – November 2012 (2 years 11 months)
Oversaw event marketing to increase market share and drive retail sales. Created and implemented strategies and promotions including visual merchandising, outreach development, grassroots campaigns and charitable contributions for the San Diego and Orange County Regions executing the company’s Neighborhood Paint Store Program. Managed 21 direct reports.
• Developed and implemented the Neighborhood Paint Store Program in the San Diego and Arizona Region’s to differentiate the company’s brand from competitors and provide concierge service in each retail location.
• Integrated this program in the Orange County Market.
• Managed and developed brand awareness while ensuring the Corporate vision and standards were properly executed by subordinate staff.
• Continually developed visuals for store and event environments to be interactive with consumers creating interest and brand recognition.
• Ensured proper merchandising and appearance of each store within Region.
• Planned and executed an annual event calendar focused on trade shows, street fairs, as well as off-site and in-store events in order to reach the target demographic and increase traffic to local stores.
• Maintained regional budget, track expenditures, and focus on increase of retail sales while evaluating our return of investment.
• Continually recruited for both San Diego and Orange County markets.
• Built employee training program for new staff, and continually train and mentor staff to ensure the achievement of business goals in customer service, satisfaction and loyalty.
• Developed and maintained relationships with charitable organizations to fulfill our philanthropic goals, as well as creating opportunities for cause marketing to increase our brand awareness.
• Point of contact for Regional Public Relations, Donations, Social Media, and Media Relations to ensure maximum number of impressions to increase our brand recognition were received.
Director of Public Relations/Advertising
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
June 2004 – January 2010 (5 years 8 months)Greater San Diego Area
Coordinated advertising, marketing and public relations needs specific to each of the College's three campuses: San Diego, New York and Chicago. Worked to promote the College and increase media relations through press releases, article submissions, television appearances, and radio interviews. Supervised 3 direct reports as well as 3 freelance workers.
Additional Responsibilities included:
• Created, placed, tracked and maintained three national advertising campaigns as well as six local advertising campaigns operating within a $500,000 annual budget. Purchased print, radio, web, and commercial advertising to reach our target markets.
• Worked to rebuild the College’s website in order to provide a user-friendly experience that was cohesive with the School’s brand, as well as supervised all aspects of the College’s website including the incorporation of search engine optimization techniques.
• Implemented school branding for all three campuses with a unified logo, font, and marketing collateral to establish the College within our target demographic.
• Responsible for design, content, advertising, graphics, production and distribution of three separate publications that reached a circulation of 40,000 readers. Continually expanded advertising revenues, upheld valuable advertiser relationships, and reconciled expense reports.
• Oversaw and maintained all department tear sheets, financials, and accreditation guidelines that were reported to Board of Directors each quarter.
Design Line Interiors
June 2008 – October 2008 (5 months)
Assisted designers with various aspects of their projects including preparing presentations, pricing materials, editing spec sheets and ordering products from vendors. Additional duties include cataloging incoming products, maintaining materials library, and provide administrative support to project managers.