A Professional, with over 11 years of experience in the field of Apparel Designing-Woven & Knits, (Women’s Wear/Men’s Wear/Kid’s Wear and Sport’s Wear), Merchandising, Retail and Customer service.
To obtain a Designer position with reputable design firm, where I can apply my unique skills, and design aesthetic.
Skills And Qualification
• A dynamically artistic fashion design professional with experience in designing executive wear, sportswear, denim wear, casual wear, kids wear and evening wear.
• Thorough knowledge of fashion and accessory designing for all age groups.
• In-depth understanding of fabrics and raw materials and ability to provide material specifications best suited to the design specifications.
• Experienced in designing and providing suggestions for complimentary accessories.
• Creative and passionate to deliver my best to fulfill clients need.
• Ability to create prototypes from existing patterns and designs.
• Solid communication, interpersonal, time management, analytical, organizational, and leadership skills.
• Excellent understanding of the garment design and manufacturing process; from the garment conceptualization stage, through the pattern-drafting phase, to final garment assembly.
• Strong fashion and color sense with the ability to create and adapt designs to changing market conditions.
• Significant ability to interpret client requirements and create designs that pinpoints their target market.
• Good knowledge of fabrics, and the ability to choose the best match between garment design and fabric.
• Ability to rapidly learn new concepts together with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal skills.
• Possess excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Analytical, Problem solving and multitasking skills.
Area of Excellence
• Tech pack Specification
• Illustration Boards
• Fabric Direction
• Presentation Boards
• Product Development
• Line Development
• Color Direction
• Garment Fit Evaluation
Academy Sports, Katy, TX
Oct 11 - Present
Academy Sports + Outdoors is a premier sports, outdoor and lifestyle retailer with a broad assortment of quality hunting, fishing, and camping equipment and gear along with sports and leisure products, footwear, apparel and much more. The Texas-based company operates over 150 stores. The Academy Sports + Outdoors philosophy is to deliver an unparalleled shopping experience by providing convenience, offering a broad selection of quality products, delivering exceptional customer service and selling the right stuff at everyday low prices.
• Designed sportswear including swimming costumes for men, women and kids.
• Provided cost cutting solutions on raw material and manufacturing process..
• Assisted in the online marketing and promotion of the swimwear range.
• Work independently and in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
• Provided primary liaison between business/operations/vendors and development.
• Conducting web seminars with clients for new design development as per season.
• Developed new design as per market feedback.
• Participated in field research with product development.
• Developed themes and layouts ensuring they meet product merchandising objectives.
• Provided visual design and merchandising assistance to key customers.
• Identified industry trends, competitive direction and customer expectations.
Oct 10 – Oct 11
• Strong communicator and multitasking with a pulse on ever-changing industry trends
• Researched on the latest trends and consumer behavior with the clients to develop project outlay for new range of women wear.
• Created patterns and designs for the denim range and presented them to the client and manufacturing departments to discuss possible changes
• Provided material specifications and oversaw the production process
• Provided cost specifications and developed marketing strategies to increase brand awareness
• Provided packing and packaging design
• Developed promotional strategies and launch campaigns in association with the marketing departments
• Acts as a liaison for design & development group and the end users.
The Collective- Madura Garments Lifestyle Retail Company Ltd. India
Sept 2008 – Aug 2010
Senior Designer Consultant – Senior Executive
The Collective is an Upmarket One Stop Shop for premium designer brands from India, US and Europe and caters to a very niche clientele in India.
Managing the wedding planner area for Bespoke and ready to wear - exclusive designs of India’s leading fashion designers- Tarun Tahiliani, J.J Valaya and Rohit Bal.
• Assisting the clients for their wardrobe planning i.e. putting together a look as per client's occasions, season and their overall personality.
• Giving feedback to the designers- the moving styles as per trend and suggesting them the client's liking for their designs.
• Setting sales target every month and achieving them to grow stores profitability.
• Hiring, training and grooming the sales staff for the upgrading of the store and building up the team between them by creating operational energy in the store.
• Doing VM (visual merchandising) of the store as per season, occasion and trend.
• Planning to increase the number of walk-in-customers and providing them satisfactory services.
• Interaction with corporate personnel at all levels.
• Utilize merchandising skills to drive sales through effective merchandise presentation.
House of VALAYA – Designer JJ.VALAYA, India
Aug 2006 – Aug 2008
• Designing and sampling as per season (autumn winter, spring summer etc. collections) and label i.e.-haute couture and prêt lines.
• To design as per customers order.
• Interaction with the buyers to take orders and designing as per their requirements.
• Maintaining inward and outward merchandise.
• To follow the merchandise plan and to see to it that it’s maintained and followed by the production department.
• Keeping record of front end and back end stock and further sending the styles to the required stores.
• Calculation of the final markup price of a particular outfit or ensemble and to further maintain the look book as per collection.
• Negotiation and communication with embroiders to give proper budget as per the work.
• Sourcing of fabrics, accessories and embroidery material for collections and fashion weeks.
• To maintain time-lines for embroiders and to further delegate overall work.
GYANS – Designer Store, India
Jun 2003 – Aug 2006
GYANS is a premium bespoke designer store in India specialized in ethnic and indo western wear.
• Research and development to create new collection.
• Designing as per latest trend.
• Achieving sales target.
• Attending key buyers.
• Presented concepts to director and team
• Developed prototypes for fittings and adjustments.
BIZARRE - Designer Store, India
Feb 2001 – May2003
• Responsibilities included merchandising, customer services and all facets of running a store
• Manage store level operations including hiring, training, evaluation and work schedules.
• Direct sales floor activities
• Achieving sales target.
• Attending the corporate and high end customers and assist them in selection of garments.
• Overall supervision on designing and merchandise.
• Key accomplishments.
• Controlled shrinkage, expenses and payrolls.
• Collaborate with clients to delineate and analyze their preferences and design garments specific to the present fashion trends.
• Counsel fashion savvy clients with regard to special occasions such as marriages and develop designs and garments for their family members.
• Proactive approach has resulted in capturing many good clients and expanding client base.
• Master’s in Business Administration (MBA ), India
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Designing, India
• Bachelor’s of Commerce (B.COM), India
• MS Office
• Knowledge of Auto CAD
• Knowledge Of Photoshop