Matthew P. Geracie
OBJECTIVE To obtain a position servicing, supervising, and enhancing the writings of diverse stakeholders.
CERTIFICATION Wisconsin Middle/Secondary Education Certification in English (300) and History (725)
Licensure: #51- Principal K-12 and #10- Director of Curriculum and Instruction
EDUCATION University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Bachelor of Science in Middle/Secondary Education, May 2004 - *** Laude
Major: English Minor: History (Dual WI-DPI Licensure)
Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
AP English Literature and Composition Professional Development Program, Oct. 2005
Cardinal Stritch University
Master of Science in Educational Leadership, May 2007
ADMINISTRATIVE Hartford Union High School (2006 – current)
EXPERIENCE Summer School Administrator (June 2008 – July 2008)
• Designed and implemented the summer school credit recovery program.
• Recruited and selected summer school staff.
• Presented exemplary results to School Board.
Full-Time English Teacher (Co-Department Chair 2009-current)
• Responsible for developing, instructing, and assessing thematic units and diverse formal writings.
• Implement a variety of literacy strategies to improve reading comprehension.
• Consistently modify lessons for an inclusion classroom.
Milwaukee Public Schools, Alexander Hamilton High School, 2004-2006
Full-Time English and History Teacher
• Taught Honors Level World Literature for four consecutive semesters.
• Taught and mentored At-Risk students daily.
Proactive Wildcats Enrichment Program, Hamilton H.S., 2005-2006
• Created, developed, and promoted a program to enhance student literacy and numeracy through extensive math & reading tutoring sessions combined with intramural athletics: “Education of Mind and Body.”
• Program is now an important part of the working Hamilton H.S. Educational Plan.
PROFESSIONAL Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History, 2004-2006
MEMBERSHIPS One of fifteen teachers selected by the Institute coordinator to create a rich cross-curricular educational experience for urban adolescents.(History/Language Arts).
COACHING Model United Nations Advisor, Hartford Union High School, 2006 - current
• Organize and facilitate student research.
• Manage budget.
• Plan and coordinate travel and conference engagements.
• Freshman Boys/Varsity Assistant, Hartford Union High School, 2006- 2007
• Junior Varsity boys, Hamilton H.S., Milwaukee WI, 2004-2006