June’2012 to Present
Sr. QA/BA, Merck Pharmaceuticals / Preventice
Merck has established a Mobile Health Innovation Ventures Unit, which is dedicated to develop services that address the needs of patients, hospital, providers, and care givers through technology enabling improved outcomes.
Hospital Transition in Care is one of the initial services undertaken by the Mobile Health
IVU. Merck has targeted this area by integrating leading practices into one seamless, pragmatic solution. HTiC Call Center is an integral piece of the overall solution, providing key Transition Liaison support service to assist the patient successfully transition after his/her hospital discharge.
• Participate in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews.
• Development and execution of test plans and test scripts. Creation of test data.
• Actively participated in review meetings for requirements and design documents.
• Log, track, and verify resolution of software and specification defects along with documenting all phases of QA process
• Responsible for creating traceability matrix for the test cases developed to ensure proper test coverage against requirements.
• Interfaced with business users and project SMEs to update software system requirements and business requirements.
• Ensured that the artifacts complied with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines OSSP (Organizational Standard Set of Processes).
• Developed workflows and performed gap analysis of business rules, system process flows and requirements.
• Documented business and system requirements in ALM and traced the requirements to test plans and test cases to perform gap analysis.
• Gathered testability questions for the requirements to avoid defects during testing phase.
• Involved in training the offshore team and the new team members to get them up to speed and provided constant support that they needed to fulfill their duties.
• Acted as onsite coordinator for offshore teams and presented the testing progress to the management on site on as needed basis.
• Performed Functional and Regression Testing on various Web browser and Mobiles.
Environment: ALM, Microsoft Excel, JAVA, Cognos
Mobiles: HTC Evo 4G Android 2.3.3 and HTC 2.3 Droid X 2.3.3,Droid Incredible 2.1 (native), iPod Touch 4th Gen and iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.3,iPAD model
March’2011 to June’2012
Sr. QA Analyst, UHG
Project: HCCE Portal:
Health care cost Estimator online tool provides personalized, comprehensive estimates that help consumers understand the costs associated with their treatment options so they can make more informed decisions. Estimates are categorized by physician, facility, radiology, laboratory, supplies, medication, and other treatment-related fees. Conditions and procedures representing the majority of health care costs nationwide are included. Both network and non-network estimates are available
• Verified and validated the provider search, estimated costs for the zip code entered.
• Modified BEB (Banking eligibility benefit) XML to be able to test various cost estimations.
• Verified the cost estimated values against the database.
• Validated XML responses
• Performed black box Testing and Interface testing between different modules
• Analyze the Log files to verify the processes for debugging and/or test data verification purposes
• Worked in onshore-offshore model.
• Developed test plans, test reports, traceability matrix based on Business requirements & Specifications
Environment: Quality Center9.0 , HIPAA, SOAP UI, Notepad++, IBM MQ Series, XML, TOAD, JAVA,.Net
April’2011 to March’2012
QA Lead/UAT Coordinator, UHG
Project: CAS (Clinical Assessment Solutions)
Clinical Assessment Solutions (CAS) is an existing product (1.0) that provides various services to organizations which participate in Medicare Advantage and Medicaid programs, such as Ovations. These services are made up of prospective and retrospective client service offerings centered on risk adjustment strategies and analytics to identify members, educate providers, enhance patient care, and streamline accurate reimbursement from CMS while ensuring full compliance with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
• Prepared EDI test files 837I/P 5010, as per 837 5010 version Implementation Guide and should comply with HIPAA rules i.e. through WTx mappings.
• Validate EDI 837 end to end data mapping using SQL
• Validate response files generated i.e. TA1, 999,277CA for claims submitted to CMS.
• COGNOS Reports, based on client requirement.
• As UAT coordinator, organized and presented demo’s to the UAT team in each Sprint on the deliverables.
• Actively provided responses as POC, for the questionnaire sent by the UAT group.
• Managed overall QA project team, customer relations, communication, coordination, work plans, and established roles and responsibilities.
• Created and maintained project testing schedule to track progress and ensures completion of testing within scheduled timeframes.
• Performed functional, user acceptance and regression testing on internally developed applications to certify them for production implementation.
• Modified XML files to manipulate the data in order execute negative scenarios on PEGA.
• Front end (UI) and back end black box testing, validation of data using SQL
• Demonstrated experience in establishing and utilizing measurements, processes, statistical analysis, and metrics to manage support activities.
• Managed and lead 6 include both Offshore and Onshore Quality Assurance/Test analysts during system, integration and automation testing using HP quality Center for CAS2.0 project.
• Validated ICD-9/ICD-10 diagnosis codes and inpatient procedure codes validation.
• Managed, coached and mentored the automation testing team on CAS2.0
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the Test Plan for the project, provided timelines and resource leveling for the QA Team.
• Lead in the planning, estimating, creation, and execution of test strategy, test plans, test scripts, and test data for CAS2.0 project.
• Managed coordinated and scheduled testing efforts for the project and prioritize them expertly and in a timely manner for weekly, monthly, and quarterly QA releases.
• Developed new Defect Tracking process which drastically reduced the turnaround time with defects.
• Developed test plans, test reports, traceability matrix, and performed gap analysis based on Business requirements & Specifications for CAS2.0 project
Environment: IBM WID, IBM WTx (Health Care Industry Pack), IBM WESB (Enterprise Service Bus) 7.x, Spring 3.0, Hibernate 3.2, WSDL, JAX-WS, Apache Plug-ins, Maven 2.x, Anthill Pro, Eclipse, Sub version (SVN),Oracle 10g, PEGA,COGNOS Reporting, JAVA, Quality Center10, IpswitchWS_FTP,TOAD,QTP, Altova XML,Notepad++, VMWare
IT Governance: HIPAA