ARLENE E. SILVA
With over 25 years of experience, I offer ACCURATE, CONCISE REPORT WRITING SKILLS.
• University of Massachusetts – Boston: Bachelor of Arts in English.
• Boston University: Graduate level English classes.
• Harvard University: Undergraduate level mathematics and natural science classes.
• National K-9 School for Dog Trainers (Certified Professional Dog Trainer)
• California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Guard Registration G-1797315
• California POST Certifications include PC 832 Course; Basic Traffic Investigation; Weapons of Mass Destruction
• Windows operating systems; Microsoft Office Suite: MS Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Publisher; Adobe.
• Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) system; various law enforcement-related systems, i.e., ARJIS, SUN, NCIC.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS (Currrent)
• Escondido Police Officers’ Association (EPOA)
• Police Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
ESCONDIDO POLICE DEPARTMENT; Escondido, CA (Retired 2011) - 10 Years
Community Service Officer (Non-Sworn)
• Traffic Division: Investigated felony and misdemeanor hit-and-run vehicle collisions exclusively, resulting in suspect identification.
• Patrol Division: Responded to radio calls and investigated: Felony/misdemeanor hit-and-run vehicle collisions; injury/non-injury vehicle collisions; residential, commercial, and vehicle burglaries; stolen/recovered vehicles; petty/grand thefts; felony/misdemeanor vandalisms; missing adults/juveniles.
BOARD MEMBER, Escondido Police Officers’ Association (EPOA)
• Represented non-sworn Community Service Officers and negotiated non-sworn contracts.
• Planned/organized charity events including EPOA-sponsored Safety Fair and Bicycle Rodeo.
• Evaluated and selected recipients for EPOA’s annual Law Enforcement Scholarships.
• Supervised volunteers, solicited sponsors.
RAYTHEON COMPANY – EQUIPMENT DIVISION; Marlboro, MA - 15 Years
Technical Editor (Data Management)
• Supervised technical typists.
• Supported Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs) and other project/contract-related documentation for Department of Defense classified/unclassified programs, including Special Access programs.