KRISTOPHER L. VEENIS
8563 SALTSBURG ROAD
SALTSBURG, PA 15681
Video Cameras - Sony HVR-Z1U & Z7U, Sony HDW-730, Sony PD-150, Panasonic DVX-100 & DXV 200, and Sony VX-2100.
Film Cameras - Canon Scoopic, Bolex Rx 2, Canon 814, and Minolta D6.
Digital SLRs - Canon Rebel Xti, Canon AE1, Canon 5D, and Sony A250.
Computer Programs - Final Cut Studio (including Final Cut Pro 7, Motion, Soundtrack, LiveType, Color, Compressor), Adobe Premiere, Final Draft, Adobe Design Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Adobe PageMaker, Acrobat, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Other skills - Working knowledge of set design, sound recording, technical directing, and lighting for film & video, and Grantwriting.
Saint Vincent College - Latrobe PA, Bachelor of Arts Degree, May 2003, Major: Communication & Media Studies.
Pittsburgh Filmmakers - Pittsburgh PA, 2004-2006, Classes Taken: Intro to Filmmaking, Technical Directing, Filmmaking I, Filmmaking II, Digital Cinematography.
YOUTH CARE WORK EXPERIENCE:
Nighttime Youth Care Worker, ADELPHOI VILLAGE, Latrobe, PA 8/2006 – 5/2007
• Responsible for the nightly safety, health, and well being of 12 teenagers within a residential treatment setting.
• Kept a detailed bi-hourly log of all nightly activity that the residents were involved in.
• Responsible for waking the children up in the morning, making sure they followed proper hygiene protocols and had their individual rooms cleaned, before taking them to their campus school.
Camp Counselor, ST. VINCENT COLLEGE CHALLENGE PROGRAM, Latrobe, PA
7/2003 - 7/2006
• Organized activities and supervised children in grades 6-11 at a two-week youth summer camp each July.
• Taught journalism and a filmmaking classes for the students, which were held during daily activities.
• Served as a nighttime R.A. in the residence halls where the children were housed.
NON-PROFIT SECTOR EXPERIENCE:
Production Manager, STEELTOWN ENTERTAINMENT PROJECT, Pittsburgh, PA
3/2007 – Present “KIDSBURGH”
• Assistant Director, Director of Photography, and Editor for five-minute video project highlighting the educational, cultural, and leisure resources available to children who grow up in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Video was presented at 2009 Transatlantic Cities Conference in Denver Colorado.
“KIDS & CREATIVITY”
• Lead Production Assistant and Associate Producer on 10-minute video segment produced in association with WQED Pittsburgh for the Grable Foundation showcasing how new technologies are teaching and engaging children. Segment airdate: 3/15/2010.
“THE SHOT FELT ‘ROUND THE WORLD”
• Co-Producer on a documentary project about the development of the Anti-Polio vaccine by Dr. Jonas Salk and his research team at the University of Pittsburgh in the 1950’s.
• The film premiered to over six hundred people at the Twentieth Century Club on University of Pittsburgh campus, April 14, 2010.
• Sound Technician on all principal interviews for the documentary filmed during the summer of 2008.
• Responsible for compiling a database of stock footage and photographs from various sources for use by the editor. Assisted the Producer in clearing stock footage and photographs for exhibition purposes.
MANCHESTER CRAFTSMEN’S GUILD DOCUMENTARY PROJECT
• Sound Technician and lead Production Assistant on interviews filmed at the MCG during the winter of 2008.
• Serving as co-director and lead editor on a 20-minute project about MCG and its impact in the community that will be completed in Summer 2011.
YOUTH AND MEDIA PROGRAM
• Developed a curriculum, taught lighting, sound, editing classes, and filmed interviews for this collaborative venture with Holy Family Institute and Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild aimed at teaching filmmaking, communication, and media literacy skills to disadvantaged and underserved youth.
• Produced, directed, and edited a various videos honoring the donors and alumni of Holy Family Institute with the assistance of the children in this program and our organization’s interns.
• Serving as co-director and lead editor on a 20-minute promotional video for Holy Family Institute that will be completed in Spring 2011.
FILM PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE:
Director of Photography, Pittsburgh, PA 3/2010 – 10/2010
“THE EDGES OF LIFE” DIRECTED BY JILL WIGGINS
• Worked extensively with Director on crafting the visual style for a 15-minute thesis film that exhibited at Pittsburgh Filmmakers
• Worked with actors on blocking techniques in selected scenes.
EPK Camera Operator, Pittsburgh, PA 10/2010
“A NEW YORK HEARTBEAT” DIRECTED BY TJARDUS GREIDANUS
• Filmed behind the scenes and on set interviews for a low budget SAG feature, including interviews with actors Eric Roberts and Jack Donner.
Director of Photography/Editor, FERN ROCK PRODUCTIONS, Conneaut Lake PA/Pittsburgh, PA 10/2009 – 2/2010
“KILLING ME” DIRECTED BY JOE COYLE
• Worked with Line Producer to create and implement a production plan that conveyed the director’s creative vision.
• 30-minute short exhibited to 2 full houses in Meadville PA as part of a children’s acting class taught through Donna Belajac Casting Company.
Post Production Supervisor, 1905 PRODUCTIONS, Pittsburgh, PA 1/2007 – 12/2010
“MY TALE OF TWO CITIES”
• Assisted in all aspects of Post-Production and marketing for this feature length documentary including handling film festival submissions.
• Cataloged a master list of all licensed and unlicensed media used in the film. Contacted and helped to finalize licensing agreements between the owners of unlicensed material and our production company.
• Created artwork for the film including designing posters, post cards, and press kits to promote public and festival screenings.
• Designed the DVD label and DVD sleeve for the film.
• Produced, filmed and edited Internet video spots promoting local and national screenings of the film.
Freelance Videographer/Editor/Graphic Designer, VARIOUS CLIENTS 3/2003 – Present
ATTACK THEATRE, Pittsburgh PA
• Produced documented, and edited live performances for this nationally recognized dance company including performances at the 2008 Three Rivers Arts Festival, interactive audience experiences for the show ‘Remainder’ at the Carnegie Museum of Art, and children’s teach exhibitions at Pittsburgh Children’s Museum.
• Produced and edited a compilation DVD of the company’s past performances for promotional purposes.
UNIVERSITY-BOUND.COM, Edgewood PA
• Produced, directed, and edited a series of three Internet commercials for a company which serves as an Internet resource for those seeking an online education. The commercials were produced to promote the company’s $2,500 online scholarship program.
DENAR & ASSOCIATES, LLC, Murrysville PA
• Designed brochures, newspaper advertisements, flyers, and other marketing materials for an Accounting firm and one of their subsidiary company’s, DEPENDABLE AMBULANCE BILLING LLC.