Christina L. Sarich
177 Henry Chandler Road
Rockwall, TX 75032
Objective: a challenging, rewarding, and well-compensated writing position.
Computer Experience: Mac, Windows 95, 97, 00, XP, Excel, Lotus 123, Word vs. 4.0 – current, Power Point, Harvard Graphics, Print Shop Deluxe, Microsoft Publisher, Quickbooks Accounting Software, TRAX Accounting Software, TravelPro Software, Prosper Software, Billing Workbench Software, LEXIS-NEXIS Tax Search Software, EYCOMM Direct Assistance, Internet Explorer, Netscape, ACT!, PILOT, Franklin Quest Scheduling, PageMaker, DOS, HyperPrep, Val2000 Report Generation, Lotus
Summary of Achievements:
• Business Consultant to new 4000 square-foot yoga studio opening in Red Oak, Texas. Duties include hiring, setting up website and Mind Body software, writing business plan, demographic research, web content.
• Currently teaching at the following studios/businesses: Dragonfly Studios Dallas, Churchill Recreation Center, Raytheon, Texas Health, Body Synergie, Ladies of America, Federal Occupational Health, Injury First Rehabilitation, Dr. Susan Infertility Clinics incorporating yoga.
• Staff Writer for Yoga Forums online magazine and Healthy Lifestyles
• Grew Life Studio Yoga and Pilates Program of Lifetime Fitness in Garland Texas over 300% in six months through marketing, teaching and embodying positive attitude.
• Healthy corporate contract business for yoga classes including clients such as the Federal Government and Raytheon.
• ESL volunteer for Dallas Catholic Charities
• Served as performance committee chair to help make Artomatic419 one of the most highly successful grassroots arts events in the history of downtown Toledo, Ohio. Total audience over 3000.
• Built a thriving business in Hawaii for weddings and music performance based on client relationships with multi-national and international corporations
• While acting as a staff writer for online yoga magazine, www.macroyoga.com, I helped populate the website with over 100 articles on the subject, greatly increasing the infant site’s visibility to search engines and was “the best writer I’ve ever worked with” according to the company’s CEO
• Initiated and built YourYogaHale.com, and Yoga for the New World, successfully recruiting new yoga students and creating web traffic of over 2000 visitors a month in less than three months with content only, no SEO.
• Strong background in customer relations with a highly charismatic and trustworthy personality
• Excellent communication and computer skills
Present: Yoga Instructor and Owner of Yoga for the New World, Texas. Clients include Raytheon, Texas Health, and others.
Staff Writer for Macroyoga.com an online magazine, Yoga Instructor at Body Synergy in Rockwall, Life Studio in Garland and Yoga for Life on Preston Road.
Independent Contractor and Owner of Hemolele Weddings in Honolulu, Hawaii 1997-2006 Managed a team of over fifteen vocalists and musicians to supply wedding music to over two thousand weddings annually to companies in Hawaii.
February 2001 – December 2005 Yared Abraham, Merrill Lynch Honolulu Consultant (Part-time) Create marketing materials, create and maintain client databases, answer phone calls, make prospectus deliveries for high-dollar-invested clients.
2000-2005 Self-employed Vocalist and Performer. Worked with Hawaii Opera Theatre, Numerous Jazz musicians and regular clients in Honolulu, Hawaii.
1998-2000 Ernst & Young, LLP Senior Executive Assistant & Client Manager Dallas, TX. Assist two principals and four district managers in top five accounting firm. Administrative recruiting duties, maintain healthcare database and research information, help to create new client relationships, train new administrative staff, travel arrangements for 25 person staff, new client presentation development, scheduling for three separate business units.
1996-1998 Office Manager and Assistant to CEO for Faulkner Design Group, Architecture and Interior Design in Dallas, TX. Assist CEO of prestigious architectural and interior design firm, billing, proposal creation and presentation, site inspection.
High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, Houston - Voice Concentration
Washington State University, BA in Social Sciences
University of North Texas, three years of BA work in vocal jazz performance
Certified Yoga Instructor, Nasik India, over 5000 hours of teaching experience
CPR certified and current
Outside Interests: Spending time with my family, yoga, fitness, literature, volunteerism, music, the arts, and living life!