Join a team that creates challenges and expands my creative, professional and interpersonal skills. Therefore, allowing me to have a direct and positive impact to the success of your business. I possess over 20 years of design and Illustration experience and would like to contribute my expertise adding to the growth and success of your company.
Freelance - July 2011- current
Coastline Community College/Coast Learning- Feb 2007 - June 2011
Illustration, design, animation, implementation of animated, interactive, voice recognition project (funded by the Hewlett foundation). Interactive program Teaching Chinese students English. Creation of educational promotional material and Illustration work for classroom instructional media. Responsibilities: Illustration and graphic design. Software: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Minimal Flash (CS3)
BDA Marketing - Jan 2006 - Feb 2007 - Creation of marketing materials to various clients in Southern Calif.
Responsibilities: Design, ads, logos, and marketing materials for various clients. Software used, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (CS3).
Verizon Directory - May 2005- Oct 2005 - Display Advertising: Custom designing clients' business presence in Yellow page advertising utilizing the latest software, working directly with sales. Responsibilities: Custom ad creation, working with sales and clients. Software: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
Avalanche Publishing - Jan 2005 - April 2005 Design calenders, gift Items, etc. Responsibilities: Graphic Design. Adobe Photoshop, Quark,
Freelance - July 2003 - Jan 2005 - Illustrating children's books, Logos, sticker designs. Member of the Children's Society of Book Writers and Illustrators.
Immix Graphics - April 2003 - June 2003 - Art Direction/Graphic Design Creating banners and outside advertising. Organize and streamlining
work flow therefore, saving money. Identified problems within the work flow. Responsibilities: Extensive photo-manipulation. Software: Adobe Photoshop
Consolidated Seed & Pet - June 2001- April 2003 - Art Direction/Marketing/Graphic Design direct Marketing, design & promotion of pet food and related industry product. Distribution of promotional materials to pet stores having direct effect in increased sales. Responsibilities: Marketing and design of promotional materials. - Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Keepsmart.com Sept 2000 - June 2001- Graphic artist, Illustrator and animator (Flash) Conceptualized and designed online training courses. Responsibilities: Illustration, graphic design Software used: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash.
Digital Graphics Advantage - March 1988 Sept 2000 - Graphic artist, Illustrator. Specialized in original art creation utilizing traditional media as well as digital. Speculative advertising, coordination between sales and advertisers to facilitate an efficient work flow. Attended conferences, sales campaigns, gave presentations and participation in team building exercises. Most often meeting difficult deadlines and Increased sales. Responsibilities: Illustration and graphic design. Software used: Photoshop, Illustrator, and proprietary software.
Windows & Mac literate:
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign CS5, Kais Power tools, Power Point,Streamline, Flash, MS office, Word, basic HTML programs. Always willing to learn more! Motivated self starter with great organization skills. Design, illustration, cartoon illustration and logo design. Years of Photography experience, excellent photo retouch & image manipulation, cataloging, color correction of stock and custom images. Strong sense for aesthetics, eye for color, detail, balance & proportion.
Freelance & Achievements:
• Designed multiple projects For Galpin Auto Sports 2012.
• Designer for car being built in Australia and contender for the Ridler Award in Detroit in Feb
• Design (donated my work for their cause) Fueled By The Fallen fueledbythefallen.com
• Honorable mention 2010 MarCom Award - Marketing, promotional for Coast Learning
• Gold Winner for 2008 MarCom Award - for Anthropology Preview mailer.
• Planning, design, and participating of An automotive TV Pilot. ("What's it Worth?")
• Permanent Impressions - pi7.com (Huntington Beach, CA) 2d illustrations of custom
cabinetry design. Also worked on an Overhaulin’
project (The Learning Channel) (Rumblebee sticker design) for 1967 Dodge Coronet.
Design custom Displays (Illustration) 2007
• ALSA Corp- www.alsa.com - (Vernon, CA) Design Magazine layouts for product line (Rod &
Custom Magazine - Hawaiian Hues - Aug ‘06.
• Creative imaginations www.cigift.com( Huntington Beach, CA)
• Scrapbook Times (Florida) 2005-2006
• Orange County Register won contest for "Cool Car Contest." (OC Carfinder) 2005
• Monster Garage/Discovery Channel - Designer/illustrator for episode called " Slingray." (air
date: July 14, 2003)
• Jeff Patnaude www.whiterhinopress.com - Illustrated , Published children's book called
• Trade wind Graphics - Hawaiian Island Images - Realistic illustrations for
clip-art collection. (Maui, HI) www.islandimages.com 2001-2006
• Motor Trend design contest Sept. 2000: entered a design and received honorable mention
among the top 25% of 500 entries.
My work was displayed at the Anaheim International Auto show Nov. 2000.
• Cypress College: Art History and drawing 1984.
• Santiago College: Basic HTML, web development and design 2000.
• Air Force: Aerospace Photography & Basic board electronics 1980.
• Platt College: Graphic design 1987
• New Horizons: Graphic software 1994 (Adobe PS, AI, and Aldus Freehand)
• Pacific Bell Directory: Editor training, quality control and color correction for newsprint