To become an active member of a highly productive and creative professional team in the communications field where my skills as an accomplished creative writer, copywriter, blogger and editor will be utilized at the highest level.
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, 2006
• B.A. in English/Creative Writing
• Minor in Screenwriting and Film Studies
• Exceptional written communication skills. Experienced in writing feature articles, blog posts, short stories, novels, biographies, essays, editorial pieces, press releases, research reports, and creative print/radio ad copy.
• Competent researcher, creative, deadline-oriented individual with outstanding decision-making skills.
• Strong ability to express thoughts clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing
styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Numerous contacts within the entertainment industry, a strong and good reputation, and a
solid relationship with many major entertainers/artist managers/record labels.
• Able to produce under pressure.
• Accustomed to long hours in pursuit of organizational goals.
Writer/Copywriter/Blogger: 6/2012-Present, Max & Chloe.com, Miami, FL
• Write clear, persuasive, original copy and product descriptions for websites; http://maxandchloe.com and http://maxandchloe.com/jewelrydose, for the purpose of product sales using SEO methods.
• Meet with the brand management team to discuss client requirements and product background, brainstorming ideas and concepts.
• Work in a close-knit creative partnership with the merchandising manager to generate workable concepts and ideas.
• Amend, revise or redevelop campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director or clients.
• Work under pressure and on tight deadlines.
• Proofread copy to check spelling and grammar.
Blogger/Entertainment Reporter, August 2009 – Present, Lisafordblog.com, Miami, FL
• Write, edit, rewrite, and proofread all articles for a popular entertainment blog.
• Interview A-List celebrities and independent musicians for feature stories.
• Cover and report on major events including the Miami Gardens Annual Jazz In The
Garden Events and Ryan Seacrest’s IHeartRadio Music Festival in Vegas.
• Listen to new music and write music reviews with the use of extensive knowledge of music.
• Manage advertisement sales/ affiliate marketing– Blog has over 3 million monthly views
• Craft and implement an integrated social media strategy in order to grow our fan base and
followers on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and dozens of major social media sites.
• Build relationships and increase conversations with influential bloggers, editors, and writers
Event Coordinator, November 2008 – May 2011 Ford & Desouza Entertainment Group, LLC, Miami, FL
• Generated concert revenues and profits by developing and implementing concert concept;
hiring talent and support staff; and managing finances.
• Developed contacts with individuals and organizations, and applied effective strategies
and techniques to ensure clients' success.
• Kept informed of industry trends and deals.
• Collected fees, commissions, or other payments, according to contract term.
• Arranged meetings concerning issues involving their clients.
• Negotiated with managers, promoters, media, and other persons regarding clients'
contractual rights and obligations.
• Scheduled promotional or performance engagements for clients.
• Managed business and financial affairs for clients, such as arranging travel and lodging,
selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
• Obtained information about and/or inspect performance facilities, equipment, and
accommodations to ensure that they meet specifications.
Freelance Writer/Publisher/Journalist, January 2002 – 2008 (College Years)
Blue Ink Entertainment, Miami, FL
• Publish anti-drug comic books for adults and teenagers titled 'The Taskmasters’.
• Responsible for content creation including scriptwriting, editing, marketing.
• Serve as primary contact for clients and advertisers.
Platinum Magazine, Miami, FL
• Performed in-depth interviews with celebrities in music entertainment industry.
• Covered major concerts, events, and clubs in South Florida.
• Responsible for lead stories and major profiles.
Broadcast Journalist, WJFP FM Radio, Cocoa Beach, FL
• On-Air Personality Co-hosted Thursday evening shows.
• Responsible for researching and reporting Entertainment News.
• Prepared show material and hosted events promoting radio show.
• Interviewed celebrities on-air and interacted with listeners calling in.