To acquire a part-time or full time position with an organization that can utilize my writing, editing, and/or proofreading skills and/or varied office experience.
GOS Freelance Services San Antonio / Kerrville, TX
Business Owner May 2010 to Present
• Available for creation of business writings of all types.
• Generate marketing pieces.
• Create successful resumes.
• Create newsletters – one for a non-profit organization.
• Edit sales material for small businesses.
• Create an extremely customer-oriented environment with top focus on service.
GSK Services Tempe, AZ
Business Owner June 2005 to March 2009
• Investigated the various requirements for starting a writing business, to include corporate entities, banking requirements, and state/federal tax requirements.
• Designed and generated marketing items for the business (copywriting, resume writing, ghost writing, business marketing, web content, newsletters, etc.) that included letterhead, business cards, brochure, and flyers.
• Developed a business plan and a marketing plan for the new business.
• Edited sales material for a real estate entrepreneur.
• Generated several newsletters.
• Created an Employee Handbook for an accounting agency.
• Created a training package for a janitorial service entrepreneur.
• Ghost writer of two books – one for an accountant on tax laws in Arizona and one on the relationship between a triathlete and a businessman.
Tempe Police Department, Information Services Tempe, AZ
Writer, Volunteer January 2002 to August 2005
• Wrote over 35 profile articles for police department's newsletter.
• Interviewed and photographed over 35 police officers for the articles.
• Attended several large events and wrote articles for publication, which included photographs, covering those events.
Intel Corporation, MCP Group Chandler, AZ
Technical Writer, Training Manager September 2001 to October 2002 - Retirement
• Managed the technical publication activities for the group.
• Authored and produced over 30 engineering documents related to the group's projects. Established the in-house production of the documents, which realized a saving of over $85,000 per year.
• Designed and produced all training materials required by the group. In-house production of the material realized a $50,000 per year savings in this area.
• Coordinated over 100 training classes encompassing three different sites (Arizona, California, and Oregon).
• Trained over 200 engineers.
Intel Corporation Chandler, AZ
Technical Writer July 1995 to September 2001
• Generated and controlled all technical documents for the department.
• Developed processes to insure compliance with corporate standards regarding generation and distribution of secret documents. Participated in project coordination meetings.
• Performed management activities for the publications group.
• Conceptualized discovery functions at technical publications meetings. Investigated and implemented process improvements for an increased publications production of 50%.
• Provided technical writing support for a major Princeton, N.J. project prior to plant closure.
• Provided technical writing support for a major project family based in Chandler, AZ.
St. Edwards University Austin, Texas
Studies concentrated on computer science.
New York Institute of Photography New York City, NY
Correspondence Course - Certificate of Graduation September, 2005
Completion of photographic projects and examinations.
Chandler-Gilbert Community College Chandler, AZ
Creative Writing Course and Journalism Course - GPA 4.0 on both.
American Writers and Artists Institute Del Ray Beach, FL
Correspondence Copywriting Course.