COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING GENERALIST
Organized and creative communications and marketing generalist of four years; Strengths in persuasive and creative writing, the seamless integration of words and images, illustration and managing multiple projects.
QuarkXPress, HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Gimp, Inkscape, Scribus, MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, FrontPage and Filemaker Pro.
B.A., Art; Emphasis: Drawing/Illustration. Minnesota State University Moorhead.
• Drew imaginative illustration using hand-drawings, photo editing and page layout
design mixed with inspiring words.
• Designed eight lines of boxed sets of greeting cards
• Created framed picture poems for celebrations.
• Created and managed two newsletters from concept to print as well as distribution.
• Edited, proofread, and ghost wrote articles for the president, board, members and
directors making the bulletin more readable and creative.
• Found relevant newsletter article leads through investigating, assigning,
interviewing, and writing articles; and by developing relationships with members
of industry and association staff.
• Collaborated on re-writing promotional packets which included educational material
persuading potential clients of the advantages of green and healthy building.
• Wrote content for brochures, fliers, post cards, newsletters, and press releases.
GRAPHIC DESIGN / MARKETING
• Revamped the design of two newsletters bringing a more positive image through a more
attractive nameplate, layout, and consistent branding.
• Created a feel-good “Spotlight” column with photo collages of events in the MFDA
Bulletin and website in order to provide a more optimistic and social-friendly atmosphere.
• Planned and facilitated three new networking groups and their events through creating a unified
promotional campaign resulting in increasing the value of membership, attracting students, and
• Created “Value of Membership” promotional strategy that retained old and gained new
memberships in a down economy by designing a persuasive marketing packet
including: a brochure, a value of membership web page, an annual report, and by editing
WEBSITE / SOCIAL MEDIA
• Redesigned two websites making them more accessible and attractive through strategic design
and quality content;
• Designed two websites and maintained five websites.
• Maintained and created fresh content for Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, and blogs.
• Created and sent e-mail blasts for membership and emarketing for sales bids.
MEETING AND EVENT PLANNING
• Assisted with annual convention event planning including creating marketing collateral,
researching speakers and preparing on-line registration.
• Directed 72 vendor booths at annual convention as well as sponsorship details.
• Edited PowerPoint presentations for workshops and researched venues.
9/11 – Current. MinneAppleseed.
4/13 – 5/13. Questar Assessements, Inc.
12/12 – 3/13. Restorations for Life.
9/11 – 1/13. Morrissey Builders
10/07 - 11/09. Minnesota Funeral Directors Association.
2/05 - 5/07. Wayside House, Inc.
10/03 - 2/05. Various Temporary Agencies.