3548 Minikahda Court
St Louis Park, MN 55416
To use my creative writing skills to be involved in a children's book or book project, as well as provide translation services for companies.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Education and Bachelor's degree in Spanish
• Over 10 years of experience in speaking, reading, and understanding the Spanish language and Hispanic culture.
• Licensed in K-12 Spanish from the state of Minnesota
• Specializes in training and education in both English and/or Spanish
SUMMARY OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Self-published a book on kinesthetic movements and Spanish verbal phrases.
• Researched and wrote a comparative analysis book on how children learn Spanish.
• Received M.A. in teaching with an emphasis on curriculum writing.
• Awarded a monthly achievement award during my tenure at GE Capital.
• Won a technology fellowship offered by a consortium.
• Developed and implemented quality assurance matrix at GE Capital.
• Published a 120-page comparative analysis thesis on how children best learn Spanish entitled “How does emotion and language pattern chunking help fourth grade students learn Spanish travel phrases.”
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Spanish Teacher/Long-Term Middle/High School Substitute for various districts Aug 2009-present
Spanish Teacher/Head of Spanish Department
St Andrews Academy, Mahtomedi, MN Aug 2006-June 2009
St. Andrews Academy is a parochial school led by a Harvard-trained educator to help children experience authentic and active learning environments. The school requires an M.A. in Education or Teaching as a prerequisite to employment.
• Assisted children with learning Spanish in authentic and active learning environments.
• Authored a basis Spanish I level test for students to pass in order to enter Middle School.
• Served as a technology resource to school staff, as well as private schools in Mahtomedi and Stillwater, MN.
• Presented audio footage of Mexican trip of locals engaged in conversation to students and posted the footage on the school's website.
• Helped children experience learning through a project featured on the local nightly news wherein 4th worked for a day at a local pizzeria and gave their tips to the Red Cross.
• Taught children to gather corn and make ethanol, build a shelter in the forest, and interact with elders in a local nursing home.
Paraprofessional / No Child Left Behind AfterSchool Program Director
Park Spanish Immersion School, St. Louis Park, MN
The school was founded in 1996 and began with 60 students. The school was created at the behest of a group of committed parents and interested community members who wished to provide the parent community with some choice for their elementary school students. The school provides dual language education that promotes academic excellence, intellectual curiosity, and cultural understanding.
• Helped children with special needs by rewriting some of their homework so that they could understand it.
• Aided special needs students with test strategies and materials, as well proper preparation for tests and focusing on homework.
• Followed up with children on a consistent basis to ensure their success.
• Directed an after-school program under the principal’s leadership for No Child Left Behind so to prepare children for the Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & INTERNSHIPS
M.A. Education, August 31, 2008
Hamline University, St. Paul, MN
• Curriculum Writing
B.A. Spanish /Minor: Business, August 21, 1996
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Intern (University of Minnesota)
Olympic Financial, Eden Prairie, MN Apr 1995 - Nov 1997
Olympic Financial was an automobile loan finance company with approximately 85 employees that worked with automobile dealerships across the United States to provide automobile loans to consumers.
• Fielded incoming calls from customers in both English and Spanish regarding their accounts.
• Answered questions regarding loan payoffs, repossessions, financial problems, and interest rates, as well as other account details.