Profile Creative writer, producer and team leader offering depth of experience to enhance your company’s success.
• Leadership: Successfully directed large productions – including 10 writers, six producers, four graphic artists, and two complete field production crews on one project – as well as modest productions with teams of four or less. Directed productions in Ireland and 20 states with diverse crews and talents.
• Effective Communicator: Worked with top executives and department managers to integrate desired message into programs; directed employees in presenting messages in professional manner; able to create effective written, verbal and visual communications.
• Organized Administrator: Managed and maintained multi-million dollar budgets, fulfilled internal accounting needs, met schedules, and delivered full reports according to organizational requirements.
• Strategic Thinker: Contributed strategic planning for new communications’ projects and crafted programs to fit into existing and legacy projects.
Career Highlights President --Writer/Producer/Director, Face Communications, Atlanta, GA, May 1988 to Present
• Wrote and produced more than 400 video programs ranging from 60-second spots to three hour documentaries.
• 2005 Emmy Award (NATAS SE) for Best Documentary scriptwriting.
• Clients include the American Lung Association of Georgia, BellSouth, the City of Atlanta, the Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, Georgia Power Company, Georgia Public Television, Habitat for Humanity, Southern Company, and Turner.
• Wrote and produced several teleconferences for the CDC, including programs on Investing in Tobacco Control, Breast Cancer, and School Nutrition.
• Proficient in producing training programs after working for three years with instructional designers on interactive video projects.
Producer, The Coca-Cola Company, Atlanta, GA, May 1997 to October 1998
• Produced in-house video programs for a variety of clients as well as video for large conventions and meetings. Supervised freelance producers, production crews, graphic artists, and editors in addition to hands-on producing. Department was eliminated.
Manager, Script and Video Production,
Still Current Design, Inc., Atlanta, GA, September 1985 to May 1988
• Wrote and produced dozens of interactive video programs for large economic development presentation system at Georgia Power headquarters in Atlanta.
• Managed all phases of production on multi-million dollar projects. Responsible for contract writers, producers, instructional designers, graphic artists and production crews. Created and produced video programming for economic development centers in Florida, Illinois and Alabama.
Editor/Writer, Communication Channels, Inc., Atlanta, GA, September 1983 to September 1985
• Editor of Design Graphics World, trade publication for architects and designers; Associate Editor of Robotic World, trade publication for industrial robot market.
• Wrote several freelance articles for Business Atlanta and Atlanta Magazine.
Sports Editor, The Athens Observer, Athens, GA, May 1979 through December 1981
•Georgia Press Association Award for Best Sports section.
Sports Editor, The Douglas County Sentinel,
Douglasville, GA, May 1977 through April 1979
Education Bachelor of Arts, The University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA, 1975, Major – English, Minor - Journalism
Honors: Dean's List (2 years)
• Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
• Georgia College Press Association Awards
• Music Director, WWGC Radio
Awards and Honors
• 2005 Emmy (NATAS SE) for Best Documentary scriptwriting for Briars in the Cotton Patch. Documentary program shown in 49 states on PBS Plus.
•Telly Awards (2003) for Georgia Public TV’s Peachstar Physics and Chemistry series
• Who’s Who in Media and Communications (1998-1999)
• Several Georgia Press Association Awards for newspaper writing and editing.