8 Beacon Street, Yonkers, NY 10701
Career Focus: To gain editorial experience with an online publisher who looks at social media as a new medium for news reporting, marketing, and sharing information.
Experienced in writing feature articles, columns, local news stories and blog posts
Well versed in copyediting, transcription/editing of interviews, and proofreading, most
recently as editor for a financial planning blog.
Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with AP style
B.S., Psychology and Media Studies, Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry 2007
Copy Writer – Get Connected Media – New York, NY 9/10 - Present
• Write and edit blog entries pertaining to consumer technology and social media
• Research and fact check information
• Editing work with Search engine optimization in mind
Freelance Writer – Legal Marketing Innovations – Hastings, NY 5/10 - Present
• Write copy regarding prescription drug lawsuits
• Research and fact check information pertaining to class action suits
• Ensure copy is search engine optimized
Editorial Staff – Impact People Practices- British Columbia 8/10- 3/11
• Completed editorial internship with international publication.
• Exposure included various aspects of publication.
• Developed contacts with record companies and PR firms.
• Worked with magazine during its transition from black and white to full color.
Editor – Street Advisor, New York, NY 8/07 – 8/10
• Authored front page articles
• Edited content provided by freelance writers
• Fact checked information and provided additional research for articles
• Optimized content for SEO
Microsoft Office Suite • InDesign • Photoshop • Blogging Platforms • Quark
Writing Samples & References Available