Jose Ignacio Perez-Laorga Character Animator
3636 S Sepulveda Blvd, Apt 2-15 http://www.jiperezlaorga.com
Los Angeles, CA 91604 email@example.com
(828) 302 1114
Languages: Fluent in Spanish and English
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Animation June 2010 – May 2012
Wingate University, Charlotte, NC
Studied 2 years of Traditional Art and Communications August 2008 – May 2010
Buffalo Digital/ MPC, New Orleans, LA; January 2013- May 2013
Dawn Of the Planet of the Apes
(Junior Animator/ Previsualization Artist)
- Animated all assigned shots successfully and on time, blended mocap animations given to me by production in Maya.
- Modeled and textured all assigned assets, props and environments for the shots. And lighted the scenes accordingly.
- Followed the Director’s and supervisor’s indications and critiques, making all the required changes and tweaks.
Big Bad Tomato, Los Angeles, CA; October 2012- January 2013
- Hand keyed cycles, actions and basic movements for biped characters in Maya, made sure all animations could be blended with each other.
- Followed directions and critiques from producer and lead designer.
- Animated an average of 800 frames per day.
- Assisted and supervised animation interns.
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL; May 2012 – August 2012
- Hand keyed all characters and shots assigned in Maya.
- Tracked and solved for motion-capture data in Cortex, layer animated in Motion Builder to then be imported into Maya to be rendered.
- Assisted in critiquing and teaching animation to students and recent interns.
Motion Capture Film
(Animator/ Cortex Supervisor)
- Tracked and solved for motion-capture data in Cortex, layer animated in Motion Builder, blended motions and checked proper functionality.
- Efficiently animated assigned shots, acquired skills in working with a specialized team under pressure during crunch time.
- 3D Character Animation
- Prop Modeling
- Environment Modeling
- Story Boarding
- Basic Rigging Skills
- Basic Compositing
- Cortex/ Endorphin
- Motion Builder
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Premier