Career Focus Writer/Editor responsibilities with a magazine, PR firm, or book publisher.
Experience Summary • Experienced in writing feature articles, short stories, essays, press releases, research reports, training curriculum and creative print/ad copy.
• Competent in copyediting, proofreading, and most recently as assistant editor for a business periodical.
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with MLA writing style; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Competent researcher, interviewer, and reporter.
Education M.A. Candidate, Creative Writing – Fiction, Southern New Hampshire University Online Present
B.A., Political Science, University of Texas-Arlington, Arlington, Texas
Experience Clinic Support Associate – MHMR of Tarrant County, Arlington, Texas
• Edit, rewrite, and proofread all material used in the operation of the clinic.
• Work with Office Manager and Doctors to organize and refine documents.
• Assist with the general organizational needs of the clinic on a daily basis. 6/09 - Present
Program Coordinator- Repair Services U.S and Mexico – Nokia, Inc, Irving, Texas
• Created reports on repair inventory availability based on research and data provided by Managers.
• Monitored available repair inventory on weekly and monthly basis for reporting purposes.
• Provided detailed reports to VP of Repair Services and provided support to department including administrative, travel, meeting and other responsibilities related to department.
• Fielded calls related to repair operations. 9/05 - 3/08
Paralegal/PR Associate – Johnston and Associates, Fort Worth, Texas
• Proofread and edited depositions for trial.
• Responsible for filing documents in a timely manner.
• Created copy for web page which included introductions of new attorneys, history of law firm, and related information for the firm.
• Created and edited copy for brochures and other promotional material related to driving new business opportunities for firm. 12/03 - 8/05
Corporate Trainer/Supervisor – Sprint PCS, Inc., Fort Worth, Texas
• Authored several documents used for New Hire training and beyond.
• Provided weekly and monthly call monitoring statistics directly to upper management
• Additionally assisted with editorial functions including final editing or training materials.
8/96 - 11/03
Computer Skills Microsoft Word • Microsoft Publisher • Microsoft PowerPoint
Writing Samples & References Available