Brigham Young University-Idaho
Bachelor of Science in English, 2007-09
• Worked in a team to publish an in-class, seventy-two page magazine composed of solicited articles written by rival publishing teams
• Created numerous complex Power Point presentations designed to sell books
• Participated in group editing workshops with fellow students over three semesters
Employment Walkers Bluff Winery 2008-10
• Prepared presentations for all food items across 7 different menus to suggest to customers, including wine history for 50 specific wines, fresh fish origins, and details of each menu item ingredients and method of preparation.
• Maintained professional attitude and appearance in a rugged outdoor setting, serving customers and carrying large coolers/equipment in tandem.
• Served as the lone night security for the 160 acre property making me responsible for the more than 10 million dollars worth of infrastructure on the property.
Brigham Young University-Idaho Teacher Assistant 2008-09
• Led weekly writing workshops of groups of 6 students using 12-point writing matrix to review student manuscripts
• Researched journal articles and organized findings for mentor professor’s special projects
• Copy edited Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, checking and correcting the 1400 line poem for typographical errors
• Performed general clerical tasks such as data entry, filing, copying
Western Wats Market Research Center 2007-08
• Interviewed survey respondents live over the phone
• Typed survey responses while respondents gave them in a style comparable to taking minutes in a meeting
• Maintained strict guidelines of phone etiquette and a high production rate at the same time
Big Brother/Big Sister child mentoring program 2005