PROFILE Strong foundation in Drawing the human figure, commercial art, and portraiture, complemented by knowledge of business operations in the comic book industry.
Track record of initiative and achievement — seeking out freelance projects, expanding job description boundaries, volunteering, and being selected for positions of responsibility within chosen field.
EDUCATION Fayetteville High School
Graduated in 1982
Took Lebanon College courses in art in New Hampshire till 1986-87
Freelance artist 9/91-Present
Successful completion of Portraits and commercial art assignments requiring planning, follow-through, and results that meet client objectives.
• Project: House Portrait and garden (Fall 1991).
? Scope: worked with client to put together House portrait and later on did pet portrait for same client.
• Project: worked on illustrations for a teacher as a teaching tool for her 3rd grade students. (Fall 1992).
? Scope: Met on several occasions for approvals and any changes that needed to be done.
* Project: Chili Starter Company, Commercial art packaging.
- Scope: Did all commercial art for the packaging and fliers for
Note: did several other projects of like the above. Doing fantasy art and Rpg Covers.
Ruger’s Fire Arms, Newport NH
• Polished parts and whole guns, taking out imperfections in the metal, and doing sub-assembly towards the finale assembly of fire arms.
Two Fold Comics (no longer in business). 2007-2008
• Project: Pencils, Inks and Colors and lettering for a comic called A Time of Heroes.
• Did coloring and Lettering on Adobe Photoshop and Comic book creator.
Douthitt Graphics (self)
• Project: Writing, Pencils, Inks, Lettering and colors and publishing of Horsegod: The Beginning
• Did coloring and lettering etc. on Comic book creator and Adobe Photoshop.
Heritage Comics HSQ 2009-present
• Did Pencils and Inks for the first 3 issues of American Sentinels. Presently waiting to do the fourth.
SKILLS • Drawing the human figure in pencils and ink, Comic book layout and design with some computer enhancements. Have done some coloring and Lettering on Adobe Photoshop
? Applications: Adobe Photoshop Elements and other programs accessible.
• Black and White art primarily.
Portfolio and references available upon request.