KARL O. UTERMOHLEN
1121 W A St
Moscow, ID 83843
BA, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA, May 2012.
Major: English with Writing Concentration.
Honors: 2009-2012 Dean’s List.
Episcopal High School (2006-2008). Alexandria, VA 22302.
iProbe Multilingual Solutions, Inc. (October 2012). New York, NY.
• English to Spanish translation and transcription.
Gettysburg Convention and Visitors Bureau (Summer 2012). Gettysburg, PA.
• English to Spanish translation.
The Gettysburg Review (Fall 2011, Summer 2012). Gettysburg, PA.
• Reviewed and analyzed submissions.
• Copy-edited and oral proofread accepted pieces.
• Provided feedback for pieces.
BPD Bank (Summer 2010). New York City, NY.
• Translated documents from English to Spanish.
Smithsonian American Art Museum (May 2008). Washington, D.C.
• High school senior seminar internship.
Banco Popular (Summer 2005-2007). Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
• Worked with executives to update client information, visited and called clients.
AWARDS AND HONORS
??• Sigma Tau Delta (English Honor Society) – Spring 2011.
??• George Doehne Achievement Award – Award given to the Phi Kappa Psi senior who showed the
greatest academic achievement over four years.
LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE:
• The Mercury: Gettysburg College's Literary Magazine (Fall 2009-Present) - Managing Editor (Fall 2010- Spring 2011); Co-Editor-In-Chief (Fall 2011-Present).
• The Gettysburgian: College Newspaper – Staff Writer (Fall 2009-Spring 2010).
• Peer Learning Associate (Fall 2012).
??• Language: Fluent in Spanish.
??• Editing: Experienced copy-editor, oral proofreader, translator.
??• Computer: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Programming, HTML, Java.