Career Focus Charismatic, intelligent individual is seeking to obtain a position using her creativity, dynamic writing abilities.
Skill Summary • Experienced in writing short stories, biographies, essays, research reports, and poems.
• Fast, enthusiastic learner
• Strong technical command of the English language; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Competent researcher, interviewer, and reporter.
• Passionate writer with a dedication to providing honest, thought-provoking work to readers.
Education M.A., Speech Pathology – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL Magna *** Laude, 4.0 GPA 2005
B.A., Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Florida, Gainesville, GL Graduated with Highest Honors 3.94 GPA
Diploma, School for Advanced Studies, Miami, FL
Experience Owner and Therapist – Families Matter Therapies, LLC., Lithonia, ,GA
• Supervises several therapists and office staff
• Conducts evaluations and therapy to pediatrics with a variety of speech and language impairments.
• Writes evaluation reports as well as a variety of written communication including reports, letters, presentations.
• Create marketing material for company 7/07 – Present
Thearpist – Metro Therapy Providers, INC., Tucker, GA
• Provided assessments and treatments to the pediatric population within their natural envirnonment.
• Part of a transdisciplinary team in Dekalb county providing early intervention services.
• Created presentations for parents and peers. 9/06-3/09
Freelance Writing – Lithonia, GA
• Completed articles for personal reasons, family members and friends 7/06-Present
Computer Skills WordPerfect • Microsoft Word • IBM and Macintosh Systems
Writing Samples & References Available