Career Focus: Talented and experienced editor, adept in communication and technology.
· Energetic eagerness and confidence to take on new responsibilities and learn new skills.
· Excellent communicator, interfacing effectively across organizational levels and with diverse audiences. Forge productive working relationships; conduct highly effective training.
· Efficiently multitask to meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
· Repeatedly earned formal recognition for outstanding performance and achievements.
· Extensive experience with software technologies, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Leadership experience managing and educating staff on specifications and formats.
· Adherence to style guidelines and specifications.
B.A., English – California State University Stanislaus, Turlock, CA
1996, Journalism, 18 units – California State University Stanislaus, Los Angeles
English Communications Instructor – Guilford County Schools, Greensboro, NC
· Assist in writing school evaluation document for submission to state school grading committee.
· Train and guide yearbook staff in the production of 200+ page history book and the newspaper staff in creation of the school newspaper.
· Work with student writers to organize and refine articles to meet Associated Press Style Guide specifications.
· Recognized by the Guilford County School Board for Excellence in journalism.
· Awards from the North Carolina Scholastic Media Association and the Columbia Scholastic Press Association.
· Oral communications coach for speech and debate courses.
· Superior performance awards for successful production deadlines.
· Mentor teacher to beginning English instructors.
8/07 - Present
English Communications Instructor – Lompoc Unified School District, Lompoc, CA
· Award-winning speech and debate team, competing at state level competitions.
· Nationally recognized newspaper program.
· Letter of Commendation for excellence in English teaching.
· Creation of school-based style manual for journalism products.
· Budget management for multiple programs.
· Speech event organizer for local communications competition.
8/01 – 1/07
English Communications Instructor – Pajaro Valley Unified School District, Watsonville, CA
· Website production and maintenance.
· Technology leader and staff trainer for classroom resources.
· Develop speech and debate program.
· Train students in proper writing and editing.
8/99 - 6/01
Assistant Editor – Stanislaus County Farm Bureau, Modesto, CA
· Edit, rewrite, and proofread all articles for Modesto’s leading farm periodical, a weekly publication targeting the agricultural community.
· Assist with copywriting and advertising layout.
· Complete desktop production of the Farm Bureau News.
5/97 - 7/98
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office • Adobe In-Design • Adobe Photoshop • Acrobat Professional • Website Design
Writing Samples & References Available