University of West Florida, B.A., Communication Arts major /Art minor, magna *** laude, May 2008
Pensacola State College, A.A., Liberal Arts, honors graduate
Duncan McCall – Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
March 2012 – present
Copywriting, web writing, content management, social media, public relations.
May 2008 – present
Freelance content development, brand development, copywriting, scriptwriting, web content, social media management and public relations writing for local and national advertising and public relations agencies; graphic design and editorial writing for web sites, publications and individual clients.
Pensacola Museum of Art - Director of Public Relations and Marketing
August 2011 to March 2012
All public relations and marketing responsibilities including but not limited to: copywriting, design, media relations, social media management, media sponsorships, special event planning, social media management, website maintenance, ad placement, marketing strategy and annual budget planning.
Pensacola State College – Senior Writer and Social Media Strategist, Marketing and College Information
August 2010 – August 2011
Develop and write content for and manage college social media channels. Write ad and public relations copy. Develop and write content for college publications. Develop and write web copy and create design concepts. Manage WordPress micro-sites for internal communications and special events.
Idgroup – Intern
January 2008 – April 2008
Content development and writing for TV and radio. Design and write collateral material, newsletters and web content. Write and distribute press releases. Project management and media planning.
Pensacola News Journal - Writer
1993 – 1999, 2000 – 2005
Write, research and develop content for health, business, tourism, news, arts, entertainment and features. Coordinate illustrations and photography and assist with page design. Coordinate and write special projects. More than 1,600 bylines published between 2000 and 2005.
KLIF-AM Radio, Yolanda Gaskins Show - Writer and Producer
1999 - 2000
Research daily current events and develop thought-provoking positions for the three-hour, weekday show. Screen and sequence calls on-air. Write and produce ads, promos and programs in a digital editing studio. Book guests and coordinate personal appearances.
Honors and Awards
• First place, electronic newsletter, Association of Florida Colleges, 2011
• Gold ADDY, Radio Local :60, copywriter, 2011
• The Outstanding Communication Arts Student of 2008, University of West Florida
• Third place, National Heineken USA/AAF Public Service Advertising Competition, 2008
• Gold Student ADDY - Student - Magazine campaign, 2008
• Alpha Delta Sigma Honor Society, American Advertising Federation
• University of West Florida President's List, Fall 2006 and 2007; Dean's List, Spring 2007 and 2008
• 2008 Ad + Art Exhibition, University of West Florida, juried exhibition
• 2008 University of West Florida Student Art Exhibition, juried exhibition
• Outstanding Teamwork Award, Pensacola News Journal, 2003
• Award for Excellence in Cardiovascular Communication - Florida, American Heart Association, 2001
Additional information, recommendations and links available at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jahnajacobson/.