Objective: To obtain a management position with a company located in Lexington, KY, allowing me relocate near
aging family members while continuing to progress professionally.
Summary: Proactive, performance-driven professional with over 12 years of progressive expertise in leadership and
problem solving through upward movement within construction, insurance, and retail operations.
Store Manager, Plato’s Closet, San Antonio, TX — January 2013 - May 2013
1. Recruited, hired and trained staff members for a brand new store, opened in February of 2013, and continued to
recruit and hire while developing existing staff by coaching, training and role modeling acceptable practices.
2. Created a schedule each week for 30+ staff members, accounting for availability and time-off requests, and
completed company payroll bi-weekly.
3. Evaluated the local market, styles and trends, and demands, and gave specific direction to our Buyers, ensuring
that our staff purchased excellent product for our customers.
4. Created, monitored and maintained all creative merchandising displays and store visual presentations.
5. Supported shortage-awareness culture through an understanding of how operational procedures impact profitability
and by promoting theft and fraud prevention through guest service and training.
Senior Team Leader, Target, San Antonio, TX — November 2011 - January 2013
1. Directly supervised two team leaders and 20+/- team members, ensuring maximum work center efficiency by
scheduling and assigning responsibilities within the Hardlines Department.
2. Acted as Leader (Manager) On Duty and a key carrier for the store, performing additional responsibilities
including overseeing total store operations, responding to guest service requests, prioritizing and delegating team
member workloads and responding to staffing concerns and call-ins.
Associate Claims Adjuster, United Services Automobile Association (USAA), San Antonio, TX — June 2010 - September
1. Licensed Claims Adjuster in all 50 states that negotiated settlement offers with USAA members who experienced
total vehicular losses.
2. Selected to be a member of the Catastrophe Team to assist members impacted by Hurricane Irene in August and
September of 2011.
Accounts Receivable Manager/Job Review Specialist, Red Dot Buildings, Athens, TX — October 2006 - April 2009
1. As the Accounts Receivable Manager, I designed a computer-based database and automated invoicing program and
utilized them to collect over $3 million on accounts labeled “uncollectable” by the previous manager.
2. Promoted to Job Review Specialist, responsible for examining every aspect of buildings ordered and resolving
complications before delivery by coordinating with internal departments as well as vendors, contractors and
customers to create and initiate creative solutions to issues found.
University of Texas at Tyler, MBA — Summer 2007 - Fall 2008
1. 27 credits completed (36 required for program completion) with a 3.556 Cumulative GPA.
Trinity University, Bachelor of Philosophy — Fall 2002 - Summer 2006