PRODUCTION AND CREW SKILLS
Professional HD Camcorder operation, (Sony, Panasonic, etc.)
Professional boom operator
Professional interpersonal communications skills
Proficient with DSLR camera shooting format, (Canon, Nikon, etc.)
Advanced skills in Adobe Suite, including PhotoShop, Premier, After Affects and advanced in Final Cut Express, Pro; Final Cut 7, Final Cut X,
Proficient in audio editing in Audacity.
Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as OpenOffice Suites, Safari, and Firefox
Proficient in both Mac and PC platforms
Well-organized and efficient
Self-motivated, able to quickly learn new tasks, processes, and operations
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Require minimal supervision and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
Can create and adapt to new organizational systems with ease
I am looking for full time, part time, and/or contracting employment with a company with which I can grow, work to develop new skills, and further my education.
Portfolio – rprokasky.wix.com/final
I worked at a local cable access television station called St. Paul Neighborhood Network (SPNN), starting at the age of fourteen. I started as a volunteer youth producer and worked my way up independent contractor. I did this through hard work and a desire to learn.
Video Editor/Intern , Civic Media 02/13 – Present
• Assistant to Associate Producer on short summary video/radio pieces from the radio show Truth To Tell on KFAI radio and Truth To Tell: Community Connections.
o Additional duties: audio editing, administrative note taking, attending partner meetings
• Associate Producer for the show in July for the live radio and television simulcast for Truth To Tell: Community Connections.
o Duties include: Contacting community partners, production meetings, putting together forum panel, directing/hosting show, site scouting, keeping track of all scheduling and meetings with producers/community partners
Professional Camera/Video Editor/ Producer, SPNN 2006-present
• Editing video footage from community production programs at SPNN, including approximately 10 hours of footage, using non-liniar editing systems like Final Cut and Adobe Premier; including footage trimming to ease the burden on the final editing team.
• Camera Operation included Mrs. Minnesota, Urban Bowl All-Star Football, high school graduations, and various sporting events.
• Crew Responsibilities- loading and setup of video and sound equipment at various shooting venues.
Associate Producer, North Metro TV 10/30/2010
NMTV news is a local news report that airs in Blain and other surrounding cities.
• News Reproter for weekly events as well as ran cameras/video, studio lighting, editing, post stories to the website, and ran teleprompter.
• News Producer including writing a script, contacting interviewees, collecting b-roll, and editing together news stories for the newscasters to report on.
Co-Procucer , Youthprise 6/12 - 8/12
• Production (preproduction, production, post production) 8 high quality videos in 10 weeks for Youthprise advertising Sprockets out of school time network programs for 20 hours a week. The videos were 2-3 min long.
Co-Producer, Youthprise 4/12 – 4/23 2012
• Production(preproduction, production, post production) three of four short pieces surrounding the “Mayoral Summit: Out of School Time” in held in the spring of 2012. These videos can be viewed at www.rprokasky.wix.com/final.