Bachelor of Arts, Music
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI Graduated: May 2010
• Graduating GPA: 3.8
Studied classical and jazz music, including music theory, ear training and performance, completed a senior recital with four original pieces, organized several musical groups of varying sizes, experience performing at venues of varying size.
Master of Music, Jazz Studies
Wayne State University Graduated: May 2013
• Graduating GPA: 3.97
Continuing study of jazz and classical music, twice a lead instrumentalist in Guitar Ensemble I, student leader of Jazztet, experience performing at venues of varying size. Frequently featured as a composer in performing ensembles.
• Petsmart, 12 mile and Telegraph, Southfield, MI March 2011-Present
Keeping in-store shelves stocked with product, filling holes and completing replenishment activities. Exstensive duties involving pricing, store signage, total store inventory, and other daily operations. Responsible for bi-monthly sectional display resets, as well as periodical overnight shifts for extensive resets. Oversee and supervise employees assigned to stocking duties daily, delegating tasks based on individual strengths. Forklift, SAP, and POS certified in store systems.
• Hope Lutheran Church, Farmington Hills, MI April 2012-Present
Responsible for establishment, maintenance, and problem solving of sound reinforcement at Hope Lutheran Church. Reset physical system in May 2012 with strong success. Weekly responsible for mixing and running projection at services on Sunday. Work frequently with supervisor and building maintenance to preserve/fix/add wiring for system. Worked Vacation Bible School for children in June 2012, working sound reinforcement, projection, and taking pictures. Child and Adult Abuse Prevention trained and certified.
Student Cook II
• Michigan State University Hospitality Services, East Lansing, MI October 2008-May 2010
Preparing, cooking, and presenting food for dormitory residents in West Circle complex. Promoted from Level I worker to Student Cook II in March 2009. Worked directly with full-time kitchen staff to coordinate cooking times and collaborate work load. Supervised Level I student workers working in the kitchen, delegating prep and cooking tasks according to ability level. Twice Student of the Pay Period.
• Self-employed, multiple locations, MI October 2006-present
Teach youth and adults how to play guitar. Make lesson plans for each student and establish successful marketing approaches for new clientele.
• Self-employed, multiple locations, MI May 2004-present
Responsible for booking and performing music on various instruments with various musicians. Leader of several groups including the Michael Webber Trio and Wayne State University’s Jazztet and Lab I Big Band. Strong ability to handle client and venue challenges. Writer and arranger for most groups performed in.
• Strong sense of work ethic, able to stay with a job until it is done.
• Flexible teaching style caters to student’s individual strengths.
• Able to maintain curriculum, plan lessons, and submit grades in a timely manner.
• Strong understanding of advanced concepts of Classical and Jazz music theory.
• Able to lead and direct small and large musical ensembles.
• Accustomed to working on strict schedules with time-sensitive tasks.
• Able to solve problems, create suitable substitutions, and generate new solutions to a given problem.
• Proficient using Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Microsoft Office Suite 10, Adobe Suite Basic, Audacity, Ableton, Sonor 7, Blackboard, and Internet Explorer 9.