• Six years’ experience as dedicated newspaper reporter.
• Recognized as an energetic leader in the newsroom and as a knowledgeable, thorough, balanced, consistent writer in the community.
• Solid computer, writing and public speaking skills.
• Excellent knowledge of a variety of writing styles
• Ability to motivate, supervise and organize
• Experience working in high stress, fast paced and often-changing work environments
• Proficient with social media
• Second, third place, honorable mention - Texas Association of Managing Editors
• First place, Southeast Texas Press Club
• Community service recognition award, Beaumont Police Department
The Beaumont Enterprise Newspaper, Beaumont, TX
• Began as breaking news reporter covering half a dozen counties in Southeast Texas, covered local county government, education, investigative reporting, and wrote a weekly question-answer column
• Met minute to minute news deadlines on social media and website, as well as daily print deadlines, producing well written, thought-out news pieces to provide insightful information to readers
• Met and interviewed a variety of people on a myriad of news and profile topics
The Port Arthur News, Port Arthur, TX
• Began as general news reporter, moved to covering city and county government, education as well as breaking news including hurricanes and crime
• Promoted to city editor, overseeing staff of seven to produce up to the minute news online in addition to a daily newspaper with engaging stories and photos
• In addition to editing and writing, also took photos and designed layout pages for the daily newspaper
Lamar University, Beaumont, TX, 2006
Bachelor of Arts, English, minor history
References available upon request