I specialize in copy for financial/mortgage lenders and women's cosmetics and hair products.
2003 to Current: Freelance Copywriter
• Mary Kay Cosmetics: variety of copy for the Brand department, including product name creation, new product “story” (background development, product information including ingredients, product claims) and the “look” of new products
• Flexi-Comp: In-store, print, video copy for a growing company specializing in rent-to-own products with heavy Hispanic market; training manuals for associates
• BeautiControl: video, audio and Web scripts, scheduled and specialty catalogs, magazine ads and other collateral copy.
• IMC2: Web site copy for redesign of two major food companies’ sites; content and articles for new ‘Wellness” site; assorted e-mails for new products; Web banners.
• First Horizon Home Loans and MetLife Home Loans: Flyer and brochure collateral for the National Builder/New Construction division; press releases; recruitment mailings; development of standardized, generic letters for Intranet library; custom collateral for national network of over 2,000 loan officers; internal manual for loan officers and branch managers’ individual Web sites. internal promotions and notices
• Hempz Hair Products: Print materials including shelf and product information tags, catalogs and monthly flyers
• Maker’s Media: Web site copy for new online company.
• Other assignments:
o A 45-minute “On-Hold” script for a Maryland bank;
o Assorted radio ads for out-of-state pharmacies, automobile dealers;
o Medical presentations (design and copy) for local doctors.
1999 to 2003: AMERICAN AIRLINES VACATIONS, Irving, TX
• Attended weekly briefing for new destinations and vacation packages, which I turned into Web site pages, press ads, and other collateral.
2000 (RIF): TEMERLIN MCCLAIN, Irving, TX
• Worked primarily on the American Airlines account. Assignments included writing, editing and proofing AAdvantage newsletters, Web site copy, and radio scripts;
• Assisted with occasional projects as requested for small one-time clients.
1997 to 1999: BRIERLEY & PARTNERS, Dallas, TX
• Wrote United Airlines newsletter Silver Wings Plus promoting United’s over-55s program.
• Wrote Blockbuster Rewards monthly newsletter.
• Wrote Web pages for On-Call Vacations, featuring members-only, last-minute cruise and vacation specials.
1996 to 1997: FIRST AMERICAN FIELD SERVICES, Dallas, TX
• Designed, researched and wrote weekly newsletter directed to over 300 field representatives
• Wrote high-value reports dealing with the comprehensive inspection of homes valued at more than $300,000.
1987 to 1995: KERA TV & RADIO/KDTN TV, Dallas, TX (part-time)
• Scripted 8 to 10 on-air, 60 second sponsor “Thank You” broadcast announcements daily during pledge drives.
• Wrote brochures for sweepstakes and related station promotions.
EDUCATION: B.A. History, University of Dallas.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Office, Quark Xpress, Photoshop and others.