With Responsibility, Ambition, Commitment and a Can-do Attitude, graduate is seeking a role in administration and translation which can utilise languages skills as well as interpersonal skills developed from involvement with intense study and real-life work experiences.
02/2012-06/2013: Master of Arts in Translating and Interpreting
University of New South Wales
Core Courses: Medical Interpreting, Legal Interpreting, Technical Translation and CAT tools, Media Translation, Community Interpreting, International Relations, Education
NAATI Level 3 Professional
09/2007-06/2011: Bachelor of Arts in Translating and Interpreting (International Trade)
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
Major: Translating and Interpreting (International Trade)
Minor: Business English, Japanese, English Literature
• Scores: 88/100 High Distinction, Honor Degree
• Full scholarship $5,000
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, English and Japanese
2012-Current Translator and Interpreter (Part-time)
for CASS (Chinese Australian Services Society), Sydney, Australia
• Assist Chinese speakers to translate and fill out forms from Centrelink, Immigration Office (Passport, Citizenship, Departure etc.), taxation, pension, housing, study, job information
• Receive customers’ good comments and feedback. Being able to help them submit correct information and deliver contents in an appropriate format and setting.
• Using CAT tools and Officer software to translate a large number of documents.
• Check and proofread all the translated materials and documents. Interpret for them from both directions (English to Chinese, Chinese to English) in a medical, business and legal setting)
03/08/2012 Court Interpreter
• Organized and presented materials clearly to the court, including interpreting, taking notes, sight translated brochure, budget forms, book keeping records.
• Assisted officers to distribute new brochures, pamphlets, form filling.
• Participated in the training workshop
• Delivered interpretation professionally and abided by Code of Ethics
03/2011-06/2011 In-house Translator and Interpreter for Vita Food Joint Venture Co. Shenzhen, China
•Being able to interpret both simultaneously and consecutively for sales managers in all business setting such as conferences, general meetings, Canton fair, trade exhibitions etc.
•Translated more than 10,000 documents daily by using CAT tools such as MemoQ to handle large amount of workload. Contents include finance, food industry, biological science, nutrition etc.
•Quality assurance and follow-up customer services. Proofread all the translated documents and format them in an appropriate way and deliver to the clients on time
04-20/04/2011 Interpreter for Choice International Trading CO. LTD at China Import and Export Fair, Guangzhou, China
•In-house translator and interpreter for sales managers and other managers in different departments such as advertising, marketing, finance etc.
•Sorted out documents and put them in order as well as date entry into the computer
•Being able to interpret simultaneously and consecutively in different business settings such as financial meetings, business greetings, negotiations, quotations
•Excellent written proposals and customers follow-up services in English
01/10-02/11/2010 Interpreter for Language Services Department of Guangzhou Asian Games, Guangzhou, China
•Interpreted for Sports and Recreation Ministers and Representatives from Iran, Pakistan, Russia around competitions, athlete health and food security, sports cultures etc.
•Simultaneously interpreted on-going competitions, including conditions, results, awards etc.
•Office support for colleagues such as food supplies, competition notes, information brochures, data entry etc.
06/2009-12/2009 Administrative Intern for Wyndham Vocation Resort, WI, USA
• Using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft word, outlook, power points, Excel, Access etc. to process and maintain documents, sheets, brochures, records and presentations
• Using content management system to update contents and website design
• Report to Sales Manager
• Organizing paperwork and computer-based information
• Attending meetings, taking notes and keeping notes
?References provided upon request