3241 S. Princess Circle
Broomfield, CO 80020
Highlights: I performed in Carnegie Hall by age 19, taught music at two Universities by age 22, and lived in France, Italy, and Brasil. After achieving the highest level of success at a young age, I am ready to achieve the same success in additional fields. With a BA in Arts Management/Entertainment Business and a Master's Level Education in Classical Guitar Performance, I have the training for critical thinking. I have plenty of experience in managerial and retail positions. I've developed a successful guitar lesson video website from scratch, and work daily with internet technology, graphic arts, and brand loyalty. I have an un-interrupted work history that spans from high school to the present with no gaps.
• Owner and Operator of BeyondGuitar.com, a video guitar lesson website, started from the ground up, featuring my own teaching. I currently serve 30,000 visitors per month, and its growing.
• Self Employed FULL TIME Guitar Teacher of kids as young as 4, with a long waiting list, and an office inside Robb's Boulder Music Store. This is my 8th year as a Robb's Teacher, well known in the area and well deserving their reputation as having the best teachers in Boulder.
• Instructor, Rocky Mountain Center for Musical Arts, Lafayette, CO. 2003-2010.
• Recording Engineer with GRAMMY winning production company, Denver Musician's Union Studio, Denver, CO. 2003-2006.
• ArtMart, Retail Jewelry and Crafts, Boulder, CO. Assistant Manager, 2003.
• Faculty, Instructor of Applied Music, Electronic Music, and Introduction to the Guitar, Siena Heights University. 1997-2003. Also appearing as guest lecturer at Albion College and Spring Arbor College.
• Faculty, Instructor of Applied Music and Introduction to the Guitar, Adrian College, 1997-2003.
• Proprietor Omega 13 Recording Studios. Operate video and audio recording studio. Released a “Best Of” Compilation CD titled “Carved in Stone”, 1999.
• Private Guitar Instructor, Jackson Symphony Orchestra Music School, 1998-1999.
• Audio Engineer, Audio Matrix Recording Studios, Toledo, Ohio, 1998-2000. Used 3 ADATS
and a 32 channel Mackie Mixer, Digital Performer.
• Chief Video Engineer, Scharren Recording Studios, Toledo Ohio, 1996-2000. Used Media 100 and Pro Tools. Edited motion picture “Roads” starring Jed Sura. Recorded voice-over with Jamie Farr for Toledo Radio Stations. Recorded and Edited TV ad for International Park of Greater Toledo.
• Animation and Graphic Designer, Ohio Media, Toledo Ohio, 1996-2000. Personally designed
wintonhistory.com, the 1999 winner of the International Auto Media “MOTO Award”. Authored
bolcomandmorris.com, for Pulitzer Prize-winning composer.
• Chief Engineer, Strawberry Fields Recording Studios, Swanton, Ohio. 1999. Used Pro Tools, 3 ADATS and a Soundcraft 24 channel board.
• Chief engineer, Blue Denim Recording Studios, Hillsdale, MI. Syncing MIDI sequencers to analog tape, using Alesis electronic drum set, recording Country music artists.
• Computer Lab Assistant, Merillat Computing Center. 1994-95. Tutoring college students using IBMs and MACs for graphic arts, laser printing, e-mail and internet.
• Assistant Manager, Walden Bookstores, Adrian MI. 1994-95. Retail work, customer service, closing the store, bank deposits.
• Manager, The Caustic Pop, an alternative 4 piece band from Lansing Michigan. Booking Shows and Publicity, Finalist in WGRD Rock Search, filmed and produced band's first video, top 10 unsigned bands in the nation according to Musician Magazine (1999).
• Masters Degree Program, University of Denver, Classical Guitar Performance 2005-2010.
• Siena Heights Universty, Bachelor of Music (Graduated 1997). Presidential Scholarship. Awarded Outstanding Student in the Music Dept. Freshman and Sophomore years, awarded Outstanding Student in the Performing Arts division as a Senior.
• University of Toledo Graduate School, Attended 1998-2001. Music Composition Major. Attended part-time under a full tuition waiver scholarship. Composed Concerto in E Minor for Guitar and Orchestra.
• Cleveland Institute of Music, accepted to conservatory program, but due to length of commute (3 hours one way) and requisite full-time status (12 credits), I commuted only once every 2 weeks to take my lesson from Maestro Jason Vieaux.
• Jackson Community College, Jackson, MI. World History Student.
• Muskegon Community College, Attended Electronic Music Course in 1989 as a sophomore high school guest, plus two other courses my Junior year.
• Paris Studies Program in Art History, Paris France, May 1997. Studied all periods of art history and French (can speak rudimentary French), performed as a street musician.
Certifications, Recordings and Performances:
• Certified ProTools Operator, Audio and VIdeo Editing, 2008.
• CD, Impressions, 1999.
• CD, Corridors, 2002.
• CD, Horizons, 2009, Recorded at Subterranean Studios by 3-time GRAMMY winning Producer, Tom Wasinger.
• Member, American Association of Composers, Authors and Publishers.
• Hawaii Music Festival Solo Artist, Personally selected to study under Yale's Benjamin Verdery, 2005.
• Aspen Music Festival Solo Artist, Aspen, CO, July 2003. Personally selected to study under Grammy Award Winning head of Julliard's guitar department Sharon Isbin.
• Adrian Symphony Orchestra, Soloist, Vivaldi's Concerto in D, December 8th and 15th, 2002. This concert was re-broadcast on WTGE FM91 Radio Detroit Christmas Day.
• Rome Festival Orchestra Resident Solo Artist, Rome Italy, July 2002. Under direction of Maestro Fritz Maraffii, lived in Rome rehearsing and performing weekly concerts. Studied Under St. Cecilia Conservatory Guitarist Stephan Traini.
• My writing has been published in the Siena Heights University Literary Journal (1996).
• Masterclass With Eliot Fisk, Hillsdale College, 1995. Performed Lute Suite in D Minor by Robert De Vissee.
• Carnegie Hall, Hayden's Mass in Time of War, John Rutter Conductor, April 1996. Siena Heights University Madrigal Singers, in association with Mid-America Productions.
References Available Upon Request