Creative and bilingual Senior Graphic Designer with years of experience at The Montreal Gazette in advertising design, corporate branding, book cover designs, layout, typography and cross-platform marketing in both print and digital media. Also maintained a freelance business specializing in promotional and corporate branding while collaborating with content partners including marketing, brand and other designers to ensure creative is consistent, effective, professional, on time and within budget. Dynamic team player with well-developed written and verbal communication abilities. Highly skilled in client relationships. Extremely passionate and inventive creator of innovative branding strategies. Accustomed to performing in deadline-driven environments to assure a high standard of excellence.
The Montreal Gazette, Montreal, Québec, 1989-2013
Position: Designer of Digital Products
• Successfully designed new digital products such as the new Hockey Inside/Out apps
and Urban Expressions web site modifications.
• Mockups created from hand-sketched concept through completion.
• Worked closely with web developers, Marketing and Digital Director to conceive and
create vision while meeting deadlines and requirements.
• Effectively coordinate, build, motivate, teach and direct design with other artists.
Position: Creative Designer - Advertising
• As Creative Designer of digital and print advertising for The Montreal Gazette,
responsible for overseeing workflow of art department.
• Meet with clients and sales consultants to discuss graphic needs.
• Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work produced by creative team
• Conceptualizing advertising and marketing ideas and following them through
to final product.
• Keeping up to date with latest forms of online advertising through the use
of social media.
• Responsible for initiating, creating and designing Flash animated and interactive
advertisements ( Leaderboards, Catfish, TallBack and more...) while working in
conjunction with Google DoubleClick and assuring all rich media meets and
• Conducted course training sessions for all designers in Creative and Editorial
Cumberland Drugs, Montreal, Québec, 1985-1989
Layout Artist - Advertising - Branding
Conceptualization and designing of advertisements, circulars, posters, flyers
and television / radio commercials. Design packaging for in-house brand items.
In absence of Art Director, was put in control of departments overall daily activities.
• Named Volunteer of the Year as Graphic Designer
for The Missing Children’s Network Canada - Reseau Enfants
• NACOM First Place for Best Black and White advertisement
• Awarded “Honorary MUC Member” by the MUC Police Community
for “Youth Info-Crime” advertising campaign.
• NACOM First Place for Best Color advertisement
Adult Education, Certificate in Advertising & Design, Montréal, Québec 1989
Montréal, Québec, Commercial Arts Program 1983
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY & CREATIVE EXPERIENCE
Platforms: Mac OS X
Applications: iMac Software
Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Dreamweaver, QuarkXPress, Powerpoint, EOne and Celtra
Flash 9.0 Professional
PRINT WEB & MULTIMEDIA
Creative: • Advertising Design • Digital Ad Creation
• Corporate Branding • Web Design - Flash / HTML5
• Brochures & Posters • Mobile Site Design
• Logos & Business Cards • Web Graphics - Layout