PROFILE: BOOKKEEPER, STAFF ACCOUNTANT & FINANCE DIRECTOR
Seasoned Professional with over 7 Years of Job Progression & Success in the Field.
Combine deep analytical/statistical skills with project leadership for optimal accounting and financial management.
* Experienced Business Assistant, Bookkeeper, and Finance Director with outstanding leadership ability; has a superb attention to detail to maintain accurate and confidential records, cost control, and enhance revenue while ensuring full regulatory compliance.
* Adept in planning, analysis, and reporting; forecasting, asset and risk management, and consulting/advising on key projects and programs.
* Consistent record of on-the-job process improvement by providing information transparency into core performance areas.
* Often called upon to train and mentor others in finance and accounting, automation and technology, for enhanced financial reporting, processes, and procedures.
* Avid user of automation and technology; skilled in MS Office Suite (Word and Excel); Platinum by Sage, Peachtree by Sage, QuickBooks, and Ad System. Readily adapt to new programs and technologies.
* Able to partner with executives, staff at all levels, and internal/external customers to improve performance and compliance.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
* Financial Recording & Reporting
* Communications & Negotiations
* Account Reconciliations
* Financial Management
* Auditing * Revenue Forecasting
* General Ledger
* Accounts Payable/Receivable
* Bank Reconciliations
* Planning & Scheduling
* Follow-Up & Problem Solving
* Regulatory Compliance
* Cross Functional Leadership
* Staff Training & Development
* Customer Service
* Policy & Procedure Development
* Automated Processes
* Operational Streamlining
* Cost Control
HERITAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC, MT. PLEASANT, SC (2/2010-5/2013)
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Manage 5 business accounts and 4 personal accounts simultaneously. Accountable for all financial recording and reporting, cash flow, and expense management. Enter income and cash disbursements, prepare and make bank deposits, and generate checks. Reconcile Platinum Account, track and maintain Occupancy Program and Agent Charges that include agency fees, administer allowance activity and staff/agent payrolls, and generate 1099’s at year end. Work closely with company owner on development and management of yearly budget and Agency COO on monthly budget for financial forecasting. Complete bi-monthly audits within 14-day deadline, close books, and submit to corporate by 5th working day of following month. Handle variety of Human Resources functions to include benefits enrollment, timecard management, revision of employment paperwork and employee onboarding/offboarding.
* Conducted research and implemented comparable benefits package that saved $900.00 monthly in combined employer/employee savings.
* Successfully converted from FGA to MDA; maintained 2 sets of books and bank accounts concurrently.
* Applied all reimbursement programs provided by Mass Mutual that reduced agency expenses (i.e., mail and phone programs for substantial cost savings).
* Secured $7K reimbursement from HO to MDA for Formula Expenses via accurate maintenance of expense records and open line of communication with Platinum Consultant., 12/2011.
* Closed books as scheduled for 12/2011 by 1/4/2012 and 2012 by 1/3/2013.
* Decreased UPS cost per month by 62.7% over 2009 in 2010, 34.5% in 2011, and 20.4% in 2012; and supplies expense 58% in 2010 and 32% in 2012.
* Completed Level III Excel Course and applied skills on-the-job (i.e., created pivot tables to organize large amounts of data for credit card reconciliations and brought in outside experts to increase staff knowledge of Outlook through PST 3-level Outlook Training Class on-site).
* Identified and corrected employee benefit deductions for payroll that created a significant cost savings and assessed agents for accumulated healthcare costs of their personal staff.
* Created and managed new HR policies based on general agent’s needs (i.e., more accurate recordkeeping and timely employee manual updates).
* Grew accounting software base from Peachtree and Excel to include Platinum, QuickBooks, and SBS Financials; and extensively trained back-up for Director of Finance Position in all automated processes and procedures.
* Worked closely with company owner on implementation of various personalized programs that tracked success through compensation of agents, brokers, and sales managers.
* Received highest staff score on 2012 performance evaluation.
SC BIZ NEWS, LLC, MT. PLEASANT, SC (5/2005-2/2010)
Prepared and processed invoices for Charleston Regional Business Journal, Columbia Regional Business Report, SC BIZ Magazine, SC JobMarket.com, and Custom Publishing Division. Recorded financial data, accounted for sales receipts, made bank deposits, and generated business and period-end financial reports to CFO and corporate office. Maintained AdSystem (customer database of advertisers) and accounting systems for all divisions of SC Biz News. Responded to and resolved any customer account or billing issues. Handled collections activities for all divisions at over 30 days past due and supervised process done by sales associates who worked with over 60 and over 90 days past due. Generated filings of small claims cases on extremely delinquent accounts and represented company at a court case.
* Worked in 3 positions simultaneously as needed (i.e., Front Desk Attendant, Business Assistant, and Circulation Assistant).
* Covered sales positions in SCJobMarket.com and demonstrated a diverse skill set while adapting to varying departmental processes and procedures.
* Brought over 90 Aged Receivables down from 14% to less than 5% and worked closely with CFO, Sales Manager, and Associates on improved A/R policies, standards, and accountability for sales.
* Successfully filed small claims cases against delinquent accountholders and won favorable decision at a court hearing.
* Recovered over a month of lost financial data from a server crash in 1 day via optimal recordkeeping standards, systems, and programs.
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON, CHARLESTON, SC (1/2002-12/2004)
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT IN OFFICE OF DEVELOPMENT AND INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT
Provided full-scale administrative support to staff in Office of Development and Institutional Advancement. Received and placed calls, maintained calendars and schedules, and responded to queries from students, alumni, donors, or personnel. Prepared packets for mass mailings and meetings used by office for fundraising purposes. Generated mailings and maintained records of thank you letters and other pertinent information sent to donors and alumni. Recorded data and maintained Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edged for donor mailings. Conducted research and updated biographical information.
* Supported staff in major relocation of campus office in the Sottile House to the King Street District with no business disruption.
* Provided administrative support to other staff members as needed at the office or for special events on campus.
B.S. in Psychology
Minor in Business Administration
College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Business Calculus, Statistics, Organizational Behavior & Management, Business Law, Economics, Human Resource Management, Leadership, and Marketing Concepts