San Francisco State University San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Arts, English Creative Writing graduated May 2012
Typing speed: 65 WPM
Relevant Course Work: Transfer Literary Magazine, Poetry Workshop, Fiction Workshop, Logic and Critical Reasoning.
Assistant Manager, Small Frys San Francisco, CA
• Assist owner in organizing orders and keeping inventory February 2011-present
• Work on the floor to achieve daily projects and sales goals
• Receive and restock merchandise daily.
Intern, City Lights Publishers San Francisco, CA
Publicity Intern and Editorial Assistant January 2012-April 2012
• Worked on City Lights’ website to update events and news about touring authors.
• Read and evaluated book proposals for future publication by City Lights.
• Assisted editors in promoting City Lights authors as well as working with InDesign to finalize manuscripts.
• Contacted authors and Bay Area as well as national publications and media to promote author tours around the U.S.
Transfer Literary Magazine Staff, San Francisco State University San Francisco, CA
Student Editor January 2011 – May 2011
• Read and provided analysis that allowed students to improve their fiction, nonfiction, and screenplay submissions.
• Worked with fellow editors to narrow down submissions for Transfer based on origninality, clarity, and craft through group discussions and written responses.
• Assisted Editor in Chief in organizing, reviewing, and distributing Transfer 101 magazine.
Volunteer, 826 Valencia San Francisco, CA
Tutor and Field Trip Support March 2011– June 2011
• Assisted staff in teaching elementary school students the basics of setting, plot, and character in short fiction.
• Assisted elementary school students on field trips to the tutoring center to create individual conclusions to creative projects.
• Tutored disabled high school students in a “found” poetry workshop that focused on expression through creativity.