• Four years of writing experience in educational and professional settings. Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional follow-through abilities and excellent ability to plan and oversee projects of all sizes from concept to successful conclusion.
• A tenacious researcher and critical thinker able to quickly develop expertise on any topic in order to produce high quality results under demanding deadlines. Possess a valuable blending of creative and analytical abilities that combine efficiency with imagination to produce bottom-line results.
• Thirteen years of Operations Management in the Hospitality industry, with continuous career advancement culminating in a District Manager position requiring the operational and profitability oversight of multiple business units.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in performing benchmarking studies and combining data and research from multiple sources into cohesive and well-organized reports.
PORTFOLIO OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Contributed feature article to the Summer 2008 and Fall 2008 issues of Charlotte Food & Wine Magazine.
• Researched industry-specific publications and products and wrote reviews to appear in issues of Staffing Success magazine, a publication of the American Staffing Association, from 2000-2001
• Generated local-interest pieces for Region Focus magazine, a publication of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, from Fall 1999 to Summer 2000
• Organized and executed project management strategy for non-profit organization yearly convention materials; end products used as informational resources and organizational tools by more than 1000 attendees throughout the week-long event.
• Liaison between non-profit organization and graphic design firm on the redesign and branding of the company’s website; subsequently responsible for ongoing content and graphic maintenance, including proofreading and editorial support.
• Generated content for and coordinated publication and distribution of weekly newsletter used by more than 15,000 member offices across the United States
• Assisted with the design and conceptualization of a direct mail campaign materials relating to EEOC training seminars; responsible for the redesign of course educational materials and associated PowerPoint presentations.