KATHERINE ROSE PHELPS-GRIFFIN
OBJECTIVE: Accomplished legal researcher, analyst, legal technician, practitioner, trial attorney pertaining to civil, criminal, and immigration law issues. Public speaker and teacher of young and old alike capable of handling a wide range of executive and administrative functions and consistently producing top quality work. Work effectively in time pressured environment or alone, wherein I have consistently prioritized tasks and met deadlines. I give excellent attention to details and follow-through skills.
1/2003-Present – GriffinNine, Inc. – Topeka, Kansas
*Industry: Home Engineer /Business/Education Position: Mother/Founder/Educator
• Prepared Business Plan for Autism Sensory Integration Therapy Center.
• Prepared grant proposals for Therapy Center.
• Obtained MBA and MaEd and Master of Health Care Administration.
• Home schooled three of my seven children various periods.
• Guided my seven children 16-23 through childhood and continue to assist them in College.
8/1988-1/1993 – Phelps-Griffin Sole Practitioner - Topeka, Kansas
*Industry: Legal Position: Paralegal/Attorney
• Scheduled and interviewed potential clients.
• Researched applicable law for clients.
• Prepared for hearings and trials.
• Appeared with clients and conducted hearings and trials to the Court and jury.
• Prepared all necessary document subject matter for filing with all applicable courts.
• Assisted clients in carrying out requirements, consistent with court orders, concerning
Civil, criminal, and immigration matters.
• Handled all of my own scheduling, phone communications and document preparation.
• Prepared and filed appellate briefs, concerning criminal and immigration issues.
EDUCATION: 02/25/2013—Ashford University—USA—Clinton, Iowa— Masters of Health Care Administration
08/13/2011—Ashford University—USA– Clinton, Iowa – Masters of Education
3/1/2010 – Ashford University – USA – Clinton, Iowa -- Masters of Business Administration
5/1987 – Oklahoma City University School of Law – USA – Oklahoma
City, Oklahoma – Jurist Doctor
12/1983 - Washburn University – USA – Topeka, Kansas – Associates
Degree - Paralegal
5/1982 – Washburn University – USA – Topeka, Kansas – Bachelors
Degree - History
ADDITIONAL: I am dedicated to professional growth, by consistently upgrading my skills at every opportunity. I communicate effectively with all levels of an organization and the public, with a functional knowledge of the Spanish language. I am recognized for leadership skills and my willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
John Davis; 785-235-1775; 2200 NW Polk Street, Topeka, KS 66608
Linda Winkler; 785-357-5199; 921 SW Jewell Avenue, Topeka, KS 66606