LAURA LOWE EVERHART
NON-PROFIT CAREER PROFILE
Seeking to Utilize Broad-Based Skill Set, 13+ Years of Experience in Non-Profit and 8 Years of Experience in Grant Writing in a Challenging, Atmosphere.with or without Team Support
Results-focused, quality-driven professional with extensive experience in non-profit development and grant writing positions, demonstrating consistent achievement of objectives, strong communication and service skills, and dedication to organizational goals. Advanced research and relationship development abilities, with track record of generating multimillion-dollar funding.
Core Knowledge & Skill Areas:
• Grant/Proposal Writing
• Funding/Donor Research
• Time Management
• Attention to Detail
• Annual Campaigns
• Interpersonal Relations
• Database Management
• Creative Problem Solving
• Microsoft Office Suite
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Welcome House of Northern Kentucky, Inc.
Covington, KY 2012-Present
Responsible for research, grantwriting, and grant managment. Additional duties include newsletter composition and offering tours to visitors.
Cincinnati, OH 2012-Present
Freelance Development Professional
Offering prospect research, grantwriting, and campaign consultation to nonprofits. Resume review, revisions and advice provided to individuals.
Cincinnati, OH 2011-2012
Director of Development
Responsible for helping the Executive Director, Board and other staff to maintain and expand CincySmiles Foundation funding from private foundations, as well as to develop new sources of income from individuals, events, and governmental grants, among others. Under the primary supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for the following tasks:
1. Engaging in research to identify new individual, foundation, and government prospects.
2. Maintaining and expanding CincySmiles funding database.
3. Evaluating marketing options for CincySmiles.
4. Developing, coordinating and implementing a new high donor program for CincySmiles with the assistance of board members.
5. Helping to develop, coordinate, maintain and implement the annual fundraising plan.
6. Writing fundraising letters and appeals; maintaining regular correspondence with foundations, donors, and board members; overseeing mailings.
7. In consultation with program staff and the Director, preparing drafts of grant proposals and reports.
8. Develop RFPs and screen marketing professionals and auditors for CincySmiles needs.
• Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati Individual Giving Challenge Grant ($62,500)
• HUD Continuum of Care Grant ($179,764)
• Dental OPTIONS Grant (2012) and reporting (2011) ($145,000)
• Dental Safety Net Grant (2012) ($76,400)
• Good Neighbor Foundation Grant (2012) ($100,000)
• United Way Grant and Reporting 2012 ($197,685)
• Institution of eTapestry CRM software and recordkeeping.
CINCINNATI-HAMILTON COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY,
Cincinnati, Ohio 2010-2011
Planning Administrator, Head Start
Researched, planned, developed, and implemented financial resources through grant writing activities for Head Start services, and for other agency services as needed. Worked within Head Start Performance Standards and all regulatory agencies requirements at all times. Gathered information from diverse sources to develop a funding calendar and gather materials to support proposals; collaborated with a variety of staff, management, and executive leadership to produce successful and timely proposal budgets, scopes of work, and other critical grant elements. Maintained updated library of data and information to enable comprehensive responses under tight timelines and prevent duplication of efforts. Prepared and assembled supplemental data and tracked grants through approval process. Part of the most successful Planning Team in the CHCCAA’s history and the first to standardize a document record process for the Agency. Selected Accomplishments:
• Head Start Continuation Grant: Held full responsibility for assembling all agency and delegate information and data for this grant which fully funds the CHCCAA Head Start Program. Maintained contact with all agency delegates, answered questions, maintained timely deadlines. Wrote, compiled, and filed the final grant via Head Start’s Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center (ECLKC) software, GABI. $23,936,394
• Head Start Cost of Living (COLA) Grant: Produced a successful grant requesting an permanent extension of a temporary Cost of Living Increase for all staff. Submitted via Grants.gov. $138,046
• Head Start Disability Funding: Brainstormed, assembled data and budget information, and composed a successful proposal for needed funding for Head Start’s disabled children in less than 48 hours at the request of the Regional Office. $20,000
• GABI Manual: Created a complete User’s Manual for GABI, the Head Start Enterprise System software delivery system. No reference guide had existed within CHCCAA previously, leading to confusion and a lack of continuity.
GRANTED BY EVERHART, LLC, Cincinnati, OH 2005-2009
Successfully managed all aspects of creating and maintaining consulting business, Granted by Everhart, LLC, including all aspects of client management, public relations, and invoicing. Clients included: Cincinnati Shakespeare Company, Contemporary Arts Center, Know Theatre, The Point/Arc of Northern Kentucky, Emmanuel Community Center.
• Wide range of funding expertise: Successfully funded grants to local family, corporate, and national foundations, including the Ohio Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts, with a funding rate of over 70%. Clients have included both small budget organizations as well as those with budgets of several million dollars.
• Budgeting Development: Assisted various clients in the development and examination of project and organizational budgets.
• Experienced in Project Management: Developed a list of requirements for inexperienced clients and taught them what funders look for and the importance of communication. Created need statements for clients who did not understand the concept and instructed them on creation of such.
CINCINNATI PLAYHOUSE IN THE PARK, Cincinnati, Ohio 1999-2005
Prospect Manager / Researcher
Researched all aspects of individual, foundation, and corporate and board partnerships and maintained monthly records and provided reporting. Developed a strong talent for database management, administrative detail and customer service. Tracked giving and maintained departmental auditing records. Developed relationships with donors, board members and volunteers, and assisted in producing the organizations sole yearly special event, Abracadabra. Selected Accomplishments:
• “Top 100 List”: Identified and researched a list of new prospects annually in the fall and spring for the Playhouse in the Park annual giving campaigns, contributing to the Development department's ability to exceed their stretch goal for five consecutive seasons.
• Database Manager: Managed an informational database of over 20,000 current and potential donors, donations and acknowledgements, researching individuals, tracking history with the Playhouse as well as associated relevant giving history and in-depth background.
MIAMI UNIVERSITY, Oxford, Ohio
BA in English Literature, Minor in Theatre History
XAVIER UNIVERSITY, Cincinnati, Ohio
Graduate Work in English Literature
• Proposal Budgeting
• Project Management and Outcomes
• Grant Seeking and Proposal Writing
• Project Management
• The Art of the Story
Grantsmanship Center 5-day Training Program
• Advanced Collaboration
C-HCCAA In-House Training
• Aligning Your Behavior & Beliefs to Your Program's Mission
• Effective Documentation and Case Management
• 2003-2005 President, League of Cincinnati Theatres
• 2003 Listed as one of the top 25 "Next Influentials" in the arts by CityBeat (8/27/2003)
• 2001-2003 Secretary, League of Cincinnati Theatres
• 2001 Strategic Planning Facilitation - Cincinnati Shakespeare Festival, Business Volunteers for the Arts
MEMBERSHIPS Member, American Association of Grant Professionals
Member, Association of Fundraising Professionals