Arabic Linguist/Analyst (Levantine - Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, MSA, Iraqi, Gulf, Saudi, Sudanese and Egyption dialect)
Secret clearance - Final
Immigration Custom Enforcement – ICE - DHS
2898 Union Ave San Jose, CA, 95124 Home: (408)-559-3401 email@example.com
To provide operational Arabic language support/ Protective security service to US GOVERNMENT. Provide general linguistic support for Government operations. Interpret and translate written and spoken communications. Transcribe and analyze verbal communications. Perform document exploitation. Scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information. Ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs of Arab countries.
Linguist / Security Liaison June 2012- Present
Arabic Linguist /Cultural Advisor April 2011- August 2011
Technatomy Corporation (Cat II)
U.S. Department of State, Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT)
• Translate foreign language documents in support of the United States Diplomatic Mission in Iraq.
• Simultaneously interpret conversations during high level meetings, interviews, and televised live conferences.
• Provide cultural advice during engagements with Iraqi officials from the Provincial Government and judicial officers.
• Manage the local subject matter experts and the atmospheric sources for the Rule of Law Section.
Torres Advance Enterprise Solutions (AES) Cat II Jan 2010-April 2011
Arabic Linguist, U.S. Department of State, Provincial Reconstruction Team
• Prepare reports on project proposals.
• Conduct research and analyze foreign language documents for key intelligence information.
• Simultaneously interpret during interviews, meetings, and televised live conferences.
• Analyze documents and conversations for patterns, trends, or cultural implications to discern more information than the translation would provide.
• Monitor the local and international media outlets.
• Manage the local staff and the atmospheric sources.
Global Linguist solution ( GLS) April 2008 –Jan 2010
Arabic Linguist, Department of Defense (DOD) Cat II.
• Provide Linguistic support for United States Military operations.
• Interpret during engagements with local government and tribal officials.
• Perform document exploitation: scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information.
• Provide input for reporting purposes to the military chain of command.
Torres AES April 2006-April 2008
Arabic Linguist , Department of Defense
• Provide operational contract linguist support to U.S. Army operations in various locations.
• Provide general linguistic support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meeting, and conferences.
• Interpret and translate written and spoken communications.
• Transcribe and analyze verbal communications.
• Perform document exploitation. Scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information.
• Translate and review foreign language documents. Identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria. Provide input to reports.
• Interpret for high ranking military personal and translate sensitive documents for the key information.
Translator 4 all April 2005-April 2006
Online Freelance Linguist, Kent, Washington
• Transcribed and translated documents, official record, and recorded conversations.
Sehda, Inc. Jan 2003-Jan 2004
Translation Consultant, Mountain View, CA
• Work on a team of twelve linguists to create a talking dictionary for the DOD.
United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees 1996-2002
Administrative Officer Amman – Jordan
• Manage operations at the international aid organization's headquarters.
El Seif Allied Contracting Company 1989-1991
Liaison Officer Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
• Mediate between employees and management in order to increase productivity while reducing costs.
GAMA, Ltd. 1982-1989
Administrative Officer Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
• Coordinate the firm's administration which resulted in increased cooperation and coordination with local residents.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration 1996
9 mm licensed
M4, M16 know how to handle weapon
AK47 good knowledge.
Bomb Threats, Crowd Control, Workplace violence, and Customer Service Management Securitas Academy
Arab Professional Translation Society
Arab International Studies
Arab American Association
Certificate of Appreciation U.S Ambassador
Certificate of Appreciation PRT Team leader
Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
Arabic Typing Skill 45 wpm
Secret- Final TS eligible.
• Well organized, hard worker, team player
• Strong Analytical experience
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills in any a fast paced environment.