• 15 years’ experience leading the design, development, and content marketing and management of high profile digital properties, social media strategies, ecommerce, and mobile app design & development management for large and small companies from Fortune 500, companies in the sports and entertainment industries and philanthropic and faith-based organizations.
• 15 years’ experience pioneering on-location, large event web event management and live/VOD webcasting for national and global events.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE EBROADCASTERS MEDIA SERVICES, INC., ATLANTA, GA
Web, mobile, and social creative strategy, design and content marketing agency
President, CEO, Chief Marketing Officer, September 1998 – present
ebroadcasters focuses on helping companies engage and connect with their global customers and target audiences through content marketing. The company’s core competencies include agency level enterprise desktop mobile and native app web presence design and content management, strategic social marketing, high profile, large event, on-location webcast event services and multi-camera editorial and event video production.
As one of the pioneers in on-location web event management, I increased revenue and maintained profitability by blending new Webcast methodologies with proven event production processes and industry-leading website and content management standards.
Partial client list: AT&T, BellSouth, Chick-fil-A, Martin Luther King Memorial, M.I.T., Yahoo!, Siemens, Broadcast.com, NAACP, Pro Football Hall of Fame, HCA (Hospital Corporation of America), Luxury Life Icons, Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association, Emory Eastside Hospital, MGM Grand, Southern Baptist Convention, Chase, Microsoft, FOX, Sony, Intel, Nintendo, Emory Healthcare, National Urban League, ESPN, CBS Sports, Sports Illustrated, Dickies, McKesson, Sovereign Rehabilitation, The Home Depot, Sprint, LPGA, PGA TOUR, PGA of America, Ticketmaster, H&R Block, PrimeSports, World Golf Hall of Fame, NCLR, Valero Alamo Bowl, Chick-fil-A Bowl, Aerosmith, Run DMC, Snoop Dogg.
• Developed and executed Chick-fil-A Bowl’s website presence and monetization strategy. This strategy resulted in the rapid growth of the site’s popularity from less than 10,000 visits annually to over 2 million and turned the area from a cost center to a profit center, providing strategic leverage to close additional revenue from traditional source avenues.
• Developed and executed Chick-fil-A Bowl’s social strategy and grew its Facebook, Twitter and Youtube Channel popularity from infancy to its current position as one of the most popular NCAA Bowls in the social media universe.
• Developed and executed Chick-fil-A Bowl’s mobile strategy with the design and launch of the NCAA Bowl industry’s first mobile-centric site as well as first IOS and Android apps. The new area added another profit stream for the Bowl.
• Successfully converted a client’s traditional on-the-road hotel meeting room sales training seminar business model into a highly effective and value-added online live sales training and on demand refresher library member subscription model, there by increasing market reach and annual revenue while decreasing travel and expense costs.
• Developed, monetized, and executed the NAACP Annual Convention live webcast and social marketing strategies leveraging their convention content into new fundraising streams.
• Partnering with a Fortune 100 company, developed and implemented a new VIP sports & entertainment Icon and Legend Q&A event series. Successfully delivered on proof of concepts in New York and Philadelphia.
• Developed and executed a consumer centric national sports awards platform celebrating high school, college and professional teams and individual accomplishments at the local level where winners are selected solely by online fan voting. Teamed with celebrities, such as Ahmad Rashad, Jim Kelly, and Thurman Thomas, to successfully deliver proof of concept in small market Buffalo, NY.
• Teamed with a publically traded company to convert its business model from online and physical sports related collectable auctions to entertainment celebrity-affinity web presence programs. Launched celebrity sites, interactive fan applications, online video, and social strategies for clients, including Aerosmith, RUN DMC, Rockapella, Joe Perry, Snoop Dogg, and more.
• Developed and executed corporate content marketing and branding strategies for a national partnership comprising of Luxury Life Icons, MGM Grand, The Core Club, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association and CBS Sports.
• Development and executed national content marketing campaigns for Chick-fil-A Bowl utilizing ESPN, CBS Sports and Sports Illustrated.
• Produced the play-by-play web simulcast for a NCAA Bowl game (Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl).
• Produced philanthropic convention webcast (NAACP).
• Produced faith-based national convention (Southern Baptist Convention) live webcast.
• Produced PGA TOUR (BellSouth Classic) leaderboard interview live webcast.
• Produced Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (PGA) live webcast.
• Produced the first NCAA Bowl Game iPhone and Android app (Chick-fil-A Bowl).
• Preside over or serve on six boards of directors, management committees, or other governing boards.
• Developed long-term relationships with over 150 large clients with multi-year contracts ranging from $50,000 to over $2,000,000.
• Acquired the patent-pending intellectual properties of two companies with the goal of completing their development and integrating them into an interactive set of web based enterprise level broadcast tools for use in intranet and Internet corporate communications and training. In 2003, ebroadcasters sold the technology to an industry leading faith-based video communications company.
• Produced, direct, and engineer on-location high profile, large event live webcasts for Fortune 100 and sports and entertainment companies as well as civil rights and faith-based organizations.
• Coordinated and participated in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers to market products and services.
LOGICA, PLC, ATLANTA, GA
Global professional services providing business consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing to clients worldwide. World headquarters: United Kingdom
U.S. Marketing Director, Customer Loyalty - Wireless Carriers, May 1995 – October 1998
• Consulted closely with C-level executives from wireless telephony carriers to manage their needs related to Logica’s professional services and licensed software products divisions. Prior to leaving Logica to form ebroadcasters, helped Logica’s software offering garner over 90% market share throughout the U.S. Clients included BellSouth Mobility, BellSouth Cellular, PowerTel, Nextel, and AT&T Wireless.
DIGITAL THEATER, INC., ATLANTA, GA
Edutainment software developer
VP Sales and Marketing, March 1993 – May 1995
• Led a team of 25 sales and 8 marketing professionals. Developed a new product line for the company targeting consumer distribution networks and implemented consumer marketing strategies to gain end-cap level shelf space in national software outlets.
NKK CORPORATION (JAPAN), SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Multi-national, multi-industry corporation
VP Marketing & National Business, USA, January 1991 – March 1993
• Managed day-to-day operations for the U.S. division of NKK, manufacturer of optical laser technology. Developed long-term business relationships with executives from companies such as Hewlett Packard, Digital Equipment Corporation, and Kodak.
SYSTEM INDUSTRIES, INC., SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Data storage and performance peripheral developer for UNIX and VMS markets
VP Marketing, January 1989 – January 1991
• Managed all aspects of company marketing including product development planning, branding, tradeshow management, product sales training, and more
Division Sales Manager - Atlanta, GA, March 1987 – January 1989
• Recruited and guided my replacement to consistently finish in the top two of all sales executives nationwide.
• Managed team of sales and technical service professionals.
• Raised Southeast Division to a consistent top three performing area.
Large Business Sales Executive - Atlanta, GA, January 1985 – March 1987
• Consistently finished in the top five of all sales executives nationwide.
• Secured multimillion dollar Fortune 100 accounts for Southeast Division clients including BellSouth.
PEACHTREE SOFTWARE/MSA (DUN & BRADSTREET), ATLANTA, GA
Mainframe and personal computer accounting software developer
Outside Regional Sales Manager, February 1983 – January 1985
• Expanded distribution and dealer network throughout the Midwest.
• Created the first outside distribution sales executive network.
Product Marketing Manager, March 1981 – February 1983
• Developed all aspects of product lifecycle, including system requirements, features, branding, consumer marketing, distribution programs, and analytic systems.
Purchasing Agent, June 1979 – March 1981
• Negotiated multi-year, multimillion dollar national contracts.
• First purchasing agent in new department.
• Formalized purchasing business practices and guidelines for national company.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS • Editorial and event video production and post-production editor
• Ecommerce consultant
• Professional sales and sales management
• Professional marketing and production marketing
• Photoshop and Illustrator graphic designer
• On-location live webcast engineer
• Executive event management
• Website design producer
• Social marketing consultant
• Business development
• Large, complex, multi-year contract negotiations
EDUCATION WESTERN GOVENORS UNIVERSITY
• Studies: Marketing Management
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
• Fanning Institute Development Authority Certification
CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY
• Studies: General Studies
ACTIVITIES AND HOBBIES • Volunteer for multiple children charities
• Pro bono charity web design and video production
• Local government pro bono leadership
• ALTA Tennis & USTA Tennis
• Fitness/health management