Benjamin M. Anderson
Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota FL. iAnimate.net
B.F.A Department of Computer Animation Feature Animation, Workshop 3
May 2012 GPA: 3.01/4.0 January 2013 - Present
Freelance CG Generalist, Logic Junction, Beachwood, Ohio, June 2012-January 2013
Worked as a generalist on numerous projects creating interactive training simulations and using touch screen way-finding technology.
• Created animations for interactive touch screen training simulations designed to educate medical professionals in diagnosis of stroke victims.
• Referenced and animated interactive avatars for kiosks geared for the Cleveland Clinic as well as Proctor and Gamble.
• Created appealing lighting set up to mimic those found in beauty advertisements to help sell products sold by Proctor and Gamble.
• Rigged avatars geared for selling insurance online.
Character Animator, iAnimate.net, January 2013
As part of a specialized training course, worked under time sensitive deadlines to meet assignment criteria fine-tuning the application of the principles of animation through pantomime acting.
Computer Animator, Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, FL, 2008-2012
As a part of an advanced course, developed 10-15 second animated shorts displaying character emotion, dynamic poses, internal dialogue, weight, and force. Followed by a two minute short film as a senior thesis.
• Designed esthetically pleasing characters in turn around poses; planned out short animations through thumbnails, long panels, short animatics and video reference; experimented with complex lighting scenarios using reference from life, paintings, and animated films.
• Modeled/textured characters and environments to best fit the esthetic style and desired mood of the scene.
• Created two minute short film, modeled, textured, environments and characters which were animated specifically to character personalities.
Storyboard Artist, Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, FL, 2009-2010
As part of an advanced course, worked to develop 30 second to two-minute stories under heavily time sensitive deadlines using Adobe Photoshop.
• Pitched story ideas in front of faculty and peers using iconic moments or long panels to communicate visual clarity to the audience; attended Florida Studio Theater in Sarasota, FL, worked with actors to learn to further communicate clear character emotions that read both externally and internally.
• Developed storyboards; worked on short animatics drawn in Adobe Photoshop and edited in Premiere to adjust timing, sound and video effects.
• Created story for short film in animatic form which was approved by panel of fifteen faculty members for a green light.
Supporting Actor, Student Film “The Forever” by Sean Benson
Played a key role in “The Forever”. Dedicated extensive time and collaborated with a large team of creatives to produce this film.
• Played “Jake” the best friend of the main Character “Dave”.
• Memorized lines and actions in the given scenes and created reality within the given circumstances.
Software Skills: Adobe Acrobat 8.0, Audition 2.0, Bridge CS5, Encore CS3, Flash CS5, Illustrator CS5, Photoshop CS5, Adobe Premiere CS5, Autodesk Maya, Pixar Renderman 2.0 Maya Plugin, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7.
Awards / Activities / Interests_____________________________________________
• Best of Ringling 2011: Waiting Assignment. Requirements of the assignment were to portray a character waiting for something in an entertaining way and show a character’s thought process non verbally