PATRICIA BLANCO RAMOS
Dynamic, dedicated digitized journalist with over 10 years’ experience in writing, editing and research for digital and print media plus digital marketing.
JOURNALISM ? RESEARCH ? EDITING ? PRINT AND ONLINE CONTENT ? MANAGEMENT
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Speedy learning curve: Grasps new data fast, effectively informs others.
• Team leader/team player: Frequently appointed to leadership roles thanks to teamwork, management skills, independent decision-making.
• Tech savvy: Navigates a spectrum of systems and apps to create newsworthy content for print media, online editions of magazines and newspapers.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish.
TELEMUNDO INTERNACIONAL, JOURNALIST Feb 2013 - Present Miami, FL
TELEMUNDO INTERNACIONAL: the second distributor of Spanish language content, with more than 200 slots of programming
• Handles interview requests for senior management in line with Telemundo Internacional's positioning and strategy, ensuring responses are accurate and meet media deadlines
• Creates press materials for launches, announcements and conferences
TERRA NETWORKS, HOMEPAGE SENIOR EDITOR May 2011-November 2012 Miami, FL
TERRA.COM: Leading US Hispanic and Latin American web portal, a subsidiary of European telecommunications giant Telefonica
• Manage Terra.com US Hispanic Homepage and landing pages of the main channels (Lifestyle, Sports, News & Entertainment) to ensure headlines, photos and content follows the editorial policy of the company and were well-presented to the audience
• Works daily with the leaders of all the editorial channels to have regular and special content displayed on the homepage and main landing pages
• Track traffic trends and create strategies to respond quickly to consumer's demands
• Supervise the homepage team
• Write original stories and blogs
PRODU.COM January 2007-May 2011 Miami, FL
PRODU: Press and online coverage of Hispanic TV networks, ad agencies in Latin America and the U.S.
HISPANIC PUBLICIDAD, SENIOR EDITOR June 2010-May 2011
• Leads the transition from print to digital for P&C Magazine, including online video content and daily e-reports on the Hispanic ad industry.
• Works closely with Sales to build ad space while defending editorial independence.
P&C MAGAZINE, EDITOR June 2008-June 2010
• Packed the publication with entertaining, informative, newsworthy articles; generated ideas for articles, had staff do the same.
• Led the switch from Spanish to English.
• Spearheaded the whole editorial process from planning to editing; developed news sources and original content.
• Enriched discussions on graphics and format, boosted magazine profile, networked with others around the industry.
PRODU.COM, ADVERTISING & NEW MEDIA DESK EDITOR January 2007-Present
• Provides news content for daily Produ.com online publication and Produ Hispanic Feed with focus on Hispanic advertising and new media.
• Processes press releases, conducts original interviews for print and online media related to U.S. Hispanic advertising and the digital-media scene.
WEB ANALYST May 2004-October 2006 Caracas, Venezuela
EMPRESAS POLAR: Venezuela’s food and beverage giant with some 20,000 employees and products that are sold in North and South America, the Caribbean and Europe.
• Organized, created, reviewed and updated text and graphic content for big Polar website relaunch in close coordination with website developers, brand managers, ad agencies, e-marketers.
• Boosted brand visibility using new digital ad methods that won high click-through rates (CTR) for many online promotions.
• Created scripts for the Call Center with information about leading Polar brands and for specific consumer promotions.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT, Communications Research Center June 2002-May 2004 Caracas, Venezuela
UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA ANDRES BELLO: One of Venezuela’s most prestigious private universities with campuses in 3 cities.
• Structured Virtual Research Rooms (VRR); uploaded some 5,000 transcriptions covering 30 years of TV interviews with Venezuela’s top journalists, complete with chronologies, glossaries and bios to provide context.
• Established and led multidisciplinary editing team of 10 professionals.
JOURNALIST January 2001 – May 2002 Caracas, Venezuela
EL NACIONAL: A 60-year-old national newspaper, member of the Grupo de Diarios de America
• Wrote articles, did research and interviews for Internet World Venezuela magazine covering the nation’s technology, telecommunications and Internet development.
• Created original research project on how technology affects Venezuelan youth; led editorial-staff survey of cell phone/Internet use among 500 university students.
WEB CONTENT PRODUCER March 1998-May 1999 Caracas, Venezuela
EL UNIVERSAL: Almost 100 years old with a 36% market share, this national daily also publishes an online edition, lifestyle magazines.
• Uploaded news from print sources to the digital news site; reported breaking news, updated website with stories from reporters in the field and other media sources including cable news agencies.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MBA DEGREE – DATA ANALYSIS FOR SOCIAL SCIENCES 2005
UNIVERSIDAD CENTRAL DE VENEZUELA Caracas, Venezuela
BA DEGREE – JOURNALISM 2000
UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA ANDRES BELLO Caracas, Venezuela
• Author, “Una Introducción al Periodismo de Precisión” (An Introduction to Precision Journalism), Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, 2001