Antonia M. Edwards
Seeking work as an Artist, Art Consultant or Color Stylist to optimize the client's creative vision and objectives by applying my artistic expertise and astute color knowledge.
2004-Present Antonia’s Fine Art Huntington Beach, CA
• Solely launched a small Fine Art business from home utilizing past art industry experiences and knowledge.
• Prepare, present and execute custom artistic concepts in the form of wall murals, faux finish applications, paintings on canvas, and other illustrative designs for individual clients, residences and businesses.
• Maintain all aspects of bookkeeping, budgeting and expenses, inventory, client management, business correspondence, marketing and web design (see www.antoniasfineart.com)
• Participate and attend in art events and trade shows to stay up to date on new concepts and trends within the art world.
• Maintain competitive sales transactions.
2003-2004 The Gallery at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach, CA
• Launched a new retail Fine Art Gallery within the renowned Hyatt Regency Hotel in collaboration with multiple backing parties and their individual needs to create one universally suited program.
• Established an inventory including 50+ vendors and maintained regular communication and bookkeeping for those.
• Coordinated and supervised all aspects of art openings and fund-raising events in collaboration with multiple charities, artist, supporters and vendors.
• Collaborated with the hotel to utilize its in-house resources in preparing for and promoting events.
• Developed an in-house inventory and pricing catalogue
• Implemented a new POS (Point of Sale) program to work in synch with the Hotel’s already existing system.
• Hired new employees and delegated tasks.
• Designed, maintained and installed visual artwork displays in the gallery on a regular basis.
• Composed and distributed press releases.
• Develop innovative marketing ideas and determine appropriate sources to promote them, as well as negotiating advertising costs with those vendors.
• Maintained an extensive client database and all correspondence.
• Prepared budgets, written reports and forms related to gallery operations.
• Catered to and provided service to a diversity of customers and their art needs
2002-2003 Steffanino’s Art and Framing Costa Mesa, CA
Lead Artist – Art Department
• Implemented cutting edge designs in the form of various custom artworks for the interior design and hospitality industry.
• Collaborated with designers to determine specific art project needs for their clients.
• Created custom color palettes in the final artworks to compliment the needs of the client.
• Implemented a project schedule for the department to meet deadlines.
• Implemented an art pricing structure.
• Increased company revenues by diversifying art products.
• Consulted with large scale clients and companies to gain new, significant accounts.
1999-2002 Art Center Gallery Westminster, CA
Assistant Gallery Director
• Assisted the Gallery Director in all aspects of operations including:
-Coordinating art installation and store front displays
-Developing advertising designs for promotional correspondence
-Working with customers to achieve their specific art needs.
-Collaborated with multiple vendors and artists to achieve and exceed customer’s expectations in their final purchase.
- Achieved individual as well as combined sales goals.
1989-1993 Esperanza High School Anaheim, CA
• Graduated with Diploma
• Received Honors in Art
1995-1997 Orange Coast College Costa Mesa, CA
• Visual Arts Major
Painting, being with my husband and daughter, attending art openings and special events, surfing, snowboarding, gardening, and teaching children about art.