Name: Paz Cabo
Home Address: 4 Albermarle Row, Hotwells, Bristol, UK
Email: email@example.com /
Date of Birth: 03/11/1965
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• October 2005 - June 2006: Master’s Degree in “High Specialization in Hispanic Philology”, granted by the Spanish Government, CSIC (Spanish Council Research) - Spanish Language Institute, Madrid.
• June 2006: “Magna *** Laude” (Honours First Class “Magister in Spanish”). Master's dissertation on Virginia Woolf and her linguistic and literary experimentations -European Literary Theory-: “Virginia Woolf, una cazadora de formas. Tiempo y conciencia en Virginia Woolf: La Sra. Dalloway y Al Faro” (“Virginia Woolf, a Huntress of Shapes. Time and Consciousness in Virginia Woolf: Mrs. Dalloway and To the Lighthouse), CSIC, Madrid, Spain.
• October 1997-June 2004: Honours Degree in Hispanic Philology, UNED, Pontevedra, Spain.
• October 1982-June 1984: Two years of Law, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain.
• October 2012 to present: Enterprising Course based on the field of Industry of Technology and Communications (TIC), MOOC global online course.
• November 2012: Social Marketing Course, MOOC online course.
• May 2011: Workshop “The Space in the Classroom of Languages”, University of Bristol, UK.
• July 2009: Course “Creativity in Language Class: Image and Literature”, award from the Spanish Government, Universidad Complutense, Madrid.
• November 2007: Training Courses in Power Point, Blackboard, “Moving Audio into the Digital Domain”, Bristol University.
• July 2006: Course “Spanish for Business”, Instituto Cervantes and Universidad Alcalá de Henares, Madrid.
• February-March 2006: Postgraduate Specialization Course “Las Imágenes Femeninas en la Literatura Española del s.XX (1900-1936), CSIC-MEC (Superior Institute of Teacher’s Training), Madrid.
• October 2004: Course “New Approaches to Analysis and Grammar Instructions”, Instituto Cervantes and Fundación Ortega y Gasset, Madrid.
• July 2004: Course “Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language”, Instituto Cervantes and Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, Madrid.
• November-December 2003: Course “Proofreading and Editing Spelling, Grammatical and Stylistic”, “Cálamo y Cran” Linguistic School, Madrid.
• July 2001: Course “From Spanish Literature to Cinema”, UNED, Ávila.
• February 2000: Course in Short Screenplays, Vigo.
• 1990-1993: Musical theory studies (Voice and Harmony).
• November 2011 to present: Editor of The Best You Ediciones, NLP, Coaching and Communication Books (ebooks, books, audiobooks) for the Hispanic Market, London and Bristol.
• 13th September to present: Spanish Teacher, Courses of Spanish (Beginners, Intermediate) at Beechcroft Solicitor Company, Bristol, UK.
• 10th -15th July 2011: Translation of a Pilot License Training web, Gatim Language Services, The Netherlands.
• 20th May to Present: Proofreading and Editing NLP Training Books, London, UK.
• 26th April 2011: Spanish Medical Translation, Medical Prescriptions, Gatim Language Services, Netherlands.
• 14th January to March 2011: Translation English-Spanish Business Reports Project for an American Compay on behalf of Elance, Florida, USA.
• 1st January: Translation Manual MER Systems, Hospitals, Babylon Translations, Israel.
• November 2010: Proofreading Politics book, Gatim Language Services, The Netherlands.
• November 2010: Research Writer “The role of motivation from language teacher’s view”, Prospect Solution, York, UK.
• October 2010: Freelance Translator Babylon, Israel.
• August 2010: Freelance Interpreter and Translator Face to Face, Recruitment Empair, UK.
• July 2010: User Manual Translation English to Spanish, Alittera Limit., Florida, USA.
• April 2010: Transcription of Spanish recordings (Spanish from Mexico), ProfTranslations, USA.
• October 2007 to May 2010: Spanish Tutor Level 1, Grade 1, Ab Initio, Spanish for Specific Purposes L2G2, Spanish for Medical Purposes, Bristol University, Modern Languages, Language Centre.
• 18th April 2009: Weekend Spanish Course for the Army (Translation, Oral Presentation, and Interpretation), Bristol University.
• 31st January to 4th February 2009: Research writer, “Teaching a Foreign Language Through the Prism of the Target Culture”, Prospect Solution, York, England.
• 18th to 23rd January 2009: Research writer, “Audiovisual Translation and Equivalence”, Prospect Solution, York, England.
• 19th to 24th August 2009: Research writer, “The Honour at the Novelas Ejemplares of Cervantes”, Prospect Solution, York, England.
• 15th August to December 2009: Writer of articles for Turistea, Spanish Tourism Web.
• 29th April to 4th May 2008: Research writer, “Linguistic Corpora in English”, Prospect Solution, York, England.
• 25th April to 29th April 2008: Research writer on “Why do languages change”, Prospect Solution, York, England.
• 30th November and 1st December 2008: Translator rater for a Research Study in Medical Language (II Phase), USCF University, Centre for Medical Education & Research, California, USA.
• 27th August to 4th September 2007: Research writer, “Critique that Antonio Machado makes of Spanish Society as it stands in “Campos de Castilla” and his solution for remedying these perceived difficulties”, Prospect Solution, York, England.
• July to December 2007: Spanish tutor for adults (Evening Elementary Classes), Cactus Language Training, The Language Project School, Clifton, Bristol.
• May 2007: Translator rater for a Research Study in Medical Language (I Phase), 23rd and 24th of May, USCF University, Centre for Medical Education & Research, California.
• February to July 2007: Part-time Spanish Teacher for kids, Language United, Bath, England.
• October to December 2006: Part-time Spanish Teacher for adults, Bristol Language Centre, Bristol, England.
• June 2006: Researcher in Literary Theory and Psycholinguistic, CSIC, Madrid, Spain.
• January 2006: Freelance Proof-reader and Linguistic Assessor at the Translation Agency, “Lexia-park”, Barcelona, Spain.
• October 2004: Freelance Proofreader and Linguistic Consultant at Publishing House “Casals”, Barcelona, Spain.
• April 2004: Teacher of Spanish Language and Literature at the private college “Ana Mancera”, Málaga, Spain.
• 2002-2003: Private Teacher of Spanish and Latin for University students, Vigo, Spain.
• October 2003: Private Teacher of Spanish for foreign students, Vigo, Spain.
ANOTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 2007: Spanish Research Market, Bath, UK
• 1992-2005: Singer song-writer, first album recorded in 1995; recordings for other artists and bands; collaborations, composition, and performances for another artists.
• 1990-1992: PA at Corporate departments, Publishing Companies.
• 1987-1990: PA / Secretary for International Congress.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND INTERESTS
• Spanish (mother tongue)
• English (business fluent, independent user, B2)
-Researching and Writing (Social Media, Languages and Cultures, Contemporary Narrative, Psycholinguists, Neuroaesthetics, Spanish, Publishing, Creative Process in Art)
-Cinema and Theatre
• Lecture in “Ambigüedad genérica en el chiste gráfico español: Mingote, Forges y Maitena”, at Oxford University (“Forum of Iberian Fun”) –Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages-. 3rd of June, 2006.
• Essay “Time and Consciousness in Virginia Woolf: Her Psycholinguistic and Literary Experimentations in Novel”
• MA in Social Media
• Diploma in Digital Publishing and Languages
AWARDS AND GRANTS
• Ministry of Education Grant, Madrid, 2009
• CSIC-Council Research Founding, Madrid, 2006
ASELE: Asociación Española para la Enseñanza del Español como Lengua Extranjera (Spanish Society for Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language, 2006).
SGAE: Sociedad General de Autores de España (Spanish Society of Authors, Composers and Publishers, 1995).