Farnaz Taghavi Zargar
7107 Witchinghour Ctr,
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
US permanent resident (holder of US green card)
Obtaining an Industrial design position to utilize my talent and training in contributing to organizational goals and objectives as well as advancing my professional capabilities.
I am creative and imaginative with good artistic skills, innovative, able to work well under work pressure, motivated and confident, able to accept criticism, persuasive, with good communication skill. I have +6 years of experience in industrial and interior design. From an early age, I have found Art fascinating. I believe that Art represents the spirit of humans thought to be just biological machines. Art allows me to transform images I have in my mind into something tangible; the ability to convert imagination into reality. And I greatly enjoy using this ability as a tool for problem solving.
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Creative designer and exceptional eye for detail
• In-depth knowledge in industrials designs production planning and control
• Able in drawing ,expert in using 2D and 3D design software to express creative ideas
• Good at explaining ideas to people with varying levels of technical knowledge
• Outstanding communication and designing skills
• Managed approaching deadlines, challenging roles and assignments
• Experienced in Product Designing and Industrial Engineering
• Knowledge and skills learned from previous projects
• Quick in studying the market and designing strategies for new products
• Communicate well to develop cooperative working relationships with colleagues and customers
• Identify complex design problems, such as the need, size, cost, and anticipate production issues, then develop alternatives, evaluate options, and implement solutions
• Very familiar with construction materials, furniture, lighting, decoration fixtures and furnishings.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac
Software: 3D max 2012, Photoshop CS5, Auto cad 2011 ,Very ,Adobe, Solid Works 2010 ,Architect 2010 ,Revit 2013,Rehinoceros 4, Sketch up , Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Microsoft word).
• Industrial Design
RAVIS PARDAZ Inc., Tehran, Iran. Jan 2010 – Oct 2011
Designed ,developed and implemented new products.
Worked as a team member to design a new mini-ATM system including various parts of the cover, card taker and cash dispenser.
Redesigning and optimization of parts of previous ATM products including cash dispenser and card taker.
Working with user experience team on design optimization.
AZMAYESH INDUSTRIAL FACTORIES (internship), Tehran, Iran. Sep 2000 – Sep 2002
New product development (from concept to prototype) for a fast water heating system for residential applications.
Presented research reports on product properties such as cost, product materials (properties, color & finish), quality of product etc for production.
Documentation on provisions, regulations and design records for the new product.
Collaborating with manufacturing and user experience teams for the new product.
Analyzed customer requirements for future products.
Coordinated with technical team to solve the issues during implementation process.
Tested the design concept by computerized modeling and physical hands-on testing of models.
• Interior Design
DONYAYEH NOUR Inc., Tehran, Iran. Feb 2008 – Dec 2010
Developed and formulated interior and exterior design concept for large commercial building complexes.(10 stories ,including retail stores and business office)
Conducted in-depth Studies and analyses of area to designed , production blueprint and materials
Estimated material requirements and costs, and presented design to client for approval.
Advised client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
SERGIO BERTOLA, Madrid, Spain. Oct 2005 – Dec 2007
Detailing the designs for interior decoration of various spaces including food courts of large commercial complexes such as airports and shopping malls.
Designed and purchased furnishing ,artwork ,and accessories for different projects.
Optimization and redesigning.
Checked on the availability of necessary things before starting the project.
Communicating with the technical team to solve the possible issues
Employing the best technical tools available to upgrade the designing work
Estimating the total cost of a design
Mentoring the junior designers.
• M.A. Interior Designer and decoration
Top Fashion University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain. 2004-2005
• B.S. Engineering Industrial Design
Azad University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran. 1998-2002