My creative and technical writing skills and expertise have been used in performing copyediting on newsletters, short stories, a business proposal, nonfiction manuscripts, various letters, reports, bulletins, media releases, brochure and poster layouts, and other alpha/numeric projects.
Allow me to showcase you, your company, or "that project”—you know, the one you’ve been putting off because you’re not quite sure how to get it done.
I’m a writer of fiction and nonfiction, which includes my own blog, and my most recent manuscript, a thriller, was shortlisted in the Word Alive 2010 national contest. For two years I had been a volunteer editor for Write! On, a weekly online newsletter catering to those in the writing, broadcast and publishing industry in Canada. I’m the editor-in-chief of the bi-annual newsletter, The Progressive Voice, and Communications Director for Progress Church, maintaining accuracy for print, web, and other media.
I am eager to do technical writing in the instructional manual area, ghostwriting on various topics, and Christian based work in fiction and nonfiction. Willing to start work in trade magazines and journals.
Your project is high priority and I'm determined to take it up a notch.
RELEVANT WRITING EXPERIENCE:
- Invitation letters for seminar speakers
- Visitor information cards and questionnaires
- Maintenance of Internet web pages
- Short stories (Children mystery series)
- Short stories
- Crime and suspense (Adult)
WORK PERFORMED FOR:
The Progressive Voice
- Editor-in-chief for bi-annual newsletter. Responsibilities include assigning topics to writers, editing for content and length, setting layout and receiving feedback.
The Word Guild
- Gathered information, received, verified and edited material from other sources for length and content
- Drafted and enforced Purpose Statement and Guidelines for Write! On
- Co-wrote media releases
- Edited manuscripts, short stories, newsletters
Capital City Golf Corporation
- Performed content and style editing on business proposal
- Ghost writing: drafted letters and newsletter articles
- Lyrics: song writing
- Technical writing: Composed and enforced various instruction worksheets and manuals.
- Regularly performed transcription assignments
- Office administration and customer service
- Delegate volunteer staff and assignments
- Conducted telephone and in-person interviews
- Designed work schedules
- Inventory control
- Copy Editing for Books, Journals and Reports; (Course) Ryerson University
- Associate of Christian Studies Degree; The Sure Foundation Theological Institute
- Advanced I Certificate; Bob Rumble Centre for the Deaf
- Marketing Administration Diploma; Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology