Creative director with expertise leading strategy, conceptualization, design and execution for projects across various media that provide creative solutions to business challenges. Experienced collaborating with a broad range of clients, partnering with multiple stakeholders and managing design and multidisciplinary teams to produce innovative print, video, animation, web and integrated visual identity projects. Skilled at managing resource planning, workflow distribution, budgets and timelines. Notable experience writing scripts and creative briefs.
Oded Naaman, New York, NY
Freelance Creative Director, Animation/Video Director (2009 to present)
• Direct and manage creative projects, including promotional videos, animation for broadcast shows, commercials and games, user experience-focused web sites, banner ads, visual identities, integrated marketing/advertising campaigns and printed materials for animation studios, creative agencies, retailers, non-profit organizations and government clients.
• Collaborate with clients to determine needs and develop creative solutions to solve business challenges; develop project scopes, plan, budget and timeline.
• Develop creative strategies and concepts, including scripts, copywriting, storyboarding and art direction, and oversee execution.
• Manage specialists and vendors, including design, voice, sound, photography and production.
• Produce, direct, shoot, edit and package promotional live and animation videos.
Columbia University Business School – Center on Global Brand Leadership, New York, NY
Graphic & Web Designer/Video Editor (Part-time 2009 to present)
• Function as creative director, leading design of department’s printed materials (including publications, brochures, posters, flyers), oversee redesign and maintenance of web site, edit YouTube channel content and developed an eNewsletter.
• Oversee design of all marketing communications projects for the annual BRITE Conference (large event for global leaders in marketing); create a new visual identity and graphic standards each year; develop creative strategies/concepts, lead design for event web site, digital and printed materials (posters, flyers invitations, programs, banner ads) and edit and brand conference video.
Columbia University School of the Arts, New York, NY
Graphic Designer/Web Designer, Communications Office (2011 to 2012)
• Led creative strategy, concepts and design of department’s print materials, including posters, programs and brochures, postcards and various promotional materials.
• Managed design and maintenance of department’s website and created an event eNewsletter.
Pil Animation Ltd., Tel-Aviv, Israel
Animator and Animation Director (2007 to 2009)
• Created animation for broadcast and web-based shows, games, commercials, and straight-to-DVD movies at a full-service animation studio with global clients; supervised resource planning, workflow distribution, timetables and budgets, and collaborated with producers and clients.
• Served as animation director for TV shows and directed all aspects of several children’s shows; developed creative concepts, storyboards, animatics and layout; managed designers, directed animators and layout artists and worked with broadcast partner and clients for approvals.
• Developed processes to increase design and production efficiency.
Smartoonz Animation Ltd., Tel-Aviv, Israel
Animator/Animation Director (2006 to 2007)
• Created and directed animation for several children’s broadcast TV shows for an animation studio specializing in pre-school level audiences.
• Served as key member of core creative team (script to screen) for the second season of the broadcast show “Little Fables”; collaborated with writer/director and animation designer to conceptualize each episode and created associated animation.
Spiritus Trading Ltd., Rosh Ha’ain, Israel
Special Assistant to Vice President of Marketing (Part-time 2002 to 2007)
Customer Service Manager (2001 to 2002)
• Designed web and print marketing communications initiatives, including brochures and email marketing campaigns (designed/developed content for 4-5 daily email promotions), for a computer hardware distribution company.
• Established and managed Private Customer Service Department; developed processes and systems to facilitate technical repair service requests, hired/managed 4-person customer service team and trained replacement.
Technical: Animation (Flash, hand-drawn, stop-motion); filmmaking (directing, writing, shooting, editing); illustration, graphic
design, web design.
Software: Proficient in Creative Suite (Flash, In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Dreamweaver), HTML,
CSS, Final Cut Pro, Final Draft.
Fluent in Hebrew.
Permanent resident of the United States.
Columbia University, New York, NY
Master of Fine Arts, Film (2013)
Bezalel Academy of Arts & Design, Jerusalem, Israel
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Animation (2007)