Pre-press • Design • Page Layout
Marion E. Anderson
Seeking full-time career position in Pre-press, Design/Page Layout or Pagination
Skilled in Macintosh Operating Platform using QuarkXpress; InDesign; Adobe Photoshop;
Adobe Illustrator; Multi-Ad Creator; Acrobat Distiller as well as the Citrix System. Highly experienced in print design including concept advertising spots to multi-page documents, logos and brochures.
2008 – 2013 The Calgary Sun,
Prepress Coordinator, Graphic Designer
• Prepress coordinator at The Calgary Sun for outlying area newspapers:
Banff, Canmore, Airdrie; The Regional (an
amalgamation of the Vulcan, Nanton and
High River newspapers) Interlake Newspaper
Division: Manitoba (Beausejour, Interlake, Lac du
Bonnet, Selkirk and Stonewall newspapers).
Duties include ad/deadline coordination, designing
ads and all special materials, special sections,
pull-outs, special covers, yearly rate cards.
• Layout/Pagination, including classified section
production for all papers using the Citrix layout
1995 – 2006 “Campbell River Courier-Islander,”
Campbell River, BC
Production Department Manager
• All aspects of pre-press art department
management, personnel management, scheduling,
ordering ad design, photograph print quality,
advertising and editorial layout.
• Download and prepare any advertising material
from various sources for distilling to Panther.
• Maintain and upgrade where necessary 12-Mac
network as well as 10-DOS network for front office,
distribution and classified departments.
• Liaise with Editorial, advertising, Distribution
and Front Office departments, as well as with
Pre-print department in Nanaimo, BC.
• Responsible for final newpaper production to press
1992 – 1995 “The Pennyworth,”
Port Alberni, BC
Production Manager/Front Office Administration
• Pre-press art department duties, including data entry
for classified advertising and editorial layout.
• Accounts receivable/payable, front office duties,
mechanical pasteup to camera-ready.
1990 – 1992 “The Castlegar Sun,”
• Pre-press art department duties, advertising design
and editorial layout.
• Journalism, photography. Mechanical paste-up to